cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECT phones and ADSL

N/A

DECT phones and ADSL

Has anyone else experienced the terrible interferance between their ADSL line and any digital cordless telephones Huh
Ive installed all the filters in the right places but the screeches on the phone make it impossible to use. The normal cabled phones are fine...
Ive got a twin pack BT Synergy 3100.
20 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DECT phones and ADSL

> Has anyone else experienced the terrible interferance between their ADSL line and any digital cordless telephones Huh
> Ive installed all the filters in the right places but the screeches on the phone make it impossible to use. The normal cabled phones are fine...
> Ive got a twin pack BT Synergy 3100.

Yes but only if sky is plugged in as well. Unplug sky and the noise goes away. This was never a problem before ADSL.

I just never have sky plugged in now.
N/A

This behaviour (in both cases) sounds liek borken filters.
N/A

> This behaviour (in both cases) sounds liek borken filters.

Hmm....

I've found that same problem with 3100 when I purchased them, but I returned them for Diverse 4010 phones and no more problems.

You could always investigate better filters, them best one I have found is available here....

http://www.netshop.co.uk/adsl01.htm

Cheers.
N/A

No not broken filters just filter bleed. If the filters were broken I'd lose my ADSL connection.

I guess there must be some kind of noise resonance between the sky box and the DECT phone that is too much for the filters. I'm certainly not going to buy anymore as I've got four (one bust and one spare) and as I don't need the sky box plugged in its not a problem for me.
LastRoMan
Grafter

DECT phones and ADSL

Hi Guys!
I have a BT Converse 2010, Sky plug, 2 additional fixed phones and an ADSL connection - I have no probs in this regard.

Are you sure it is the Sky - of course this needs to be filtered too - even through a double adapter works for me.

If you had the Sky package with a discount it is probably with the proviso that you keeep Sky plugged in for a year - they check the box periodically to ensure this is so - if left out you come liable to pay the discount back. If more than a year ignore this.

Cheers :roll:
N/A

DECT phones and ADSL

I have a Bang and Olufson ( as per V Graham Norton ) digital phone, and sky. I have no problems at all.

I do have the best filters I could get. Maybe that's the difference. I believe the better filters usually have tails. Mine are Excelsus Z-blocker Z-420UK-A, from DSL.

p.s. I won the phone, I would never spend that amount of my own money on a phone.
gladman
Grafter

Re: DECT phones and ADSL

Has anyone else experienced the terrible interferance between their ADSL line and any digital cordless telephones Huh
Ive installed all the filters in the right places but the screeches on the phone make it impossible to use. The normal cabled phones are fine...

I get a small amount of noise on my DECT phones but not enough to be a serious problem. I am using BT Synergy 2150 kit.

Brian Gladman
N/A

DECT phones and ADSL

The phone I have is BT synergy 2150. The noise is not excessive when the sky box is plugged in just enough to aggrevate so the plug gets pulled.

In answer to a couple of points made in the thread:

I'm aware of the sky contract terms for subsidised boxes, but its no longer relavent to me. The only reason I need to plug in is if I want to pay for a box office movie. When the box is plugged in it is via a filter.

According to ADSLnation the Excelsus Z-blocker Z-420UK-A filter is not the best model, have a look here http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php I've got three Excelsus filters, one bust and two bleeding noise :!:
N/A

Re: RE: DECT phones and ADSL

No not broken filters just filter bleed. If the filters were broken I'd lose my ADSL connection.

Not true.

Filters are designed to filter the DSL out of the voice spectrum.

They also prevent voice bleed into the DSL connection (this only causes some modems to disconnect, not all).

As such, any bleed either way (Sounds like some of the DSL range is getting into the voice line), is the result of bad or broken filters.
N/A

Re: RE: DECT phones and ADSL

As such, any bleed either way (Sounds like some of the DSL range is getting into the voice line), is the result of bad or broken filters.

Please yourself, but according to the BT sin 346 spec there is always leakage for ADSL filters.

http://www1.btwebworld.com/sinet/346v2p2.pdf
edde
Dabbler

Re: DECT phones and ADSL

I have a Eurotel 3200 plugged in to my Dlink modem/router filter, I don't get any interference on the line but the CLD seems to be intermittant. However, the CLD on my Easicom 200 which is plugged in elsewhere via a cheapo filter works fine.
hevey
Grafter

DECT phones and ADSL

Slightly off topic, but I leave Sky unplugged all the time apart from when I buy a Box Office movie.

I was up about 5am one morning and the box was online. (2nd green LED on) What I reckon they might be doing is uploading details of what we've been watching so they can calculate the viewing figures. (I know they prob do software upgrades too this way, but that's once in a blue moon)

It doesn't bother me that they monitor what I watch, but friends of mine get PAID to do this by the officai TV market research people - so if Sky want this data, they can pay me!
N/A

DECT phones and ADSL

I can't find mine off hand, but I am sure within your SkyDigital Agreement, we state you will allow sky from time to time, to collect data from your Set Top box via the phone lines, though you are not duty bound to connect your box to the phone line (except during your initial years contract on a reduced rate install or free sky box deal).

They don't have to pay you, provided you are not charged for the call.
Community Veteran

DECT phones and ADSL

Yes they do that from time to time, I've always been under the impression it was for viewing figures. I keep my box unplugged all the time so every now and then the light flashes when it wants to go online (about once an hour).

Most software updates are done via satelite, however they do access via dialup if the satelite upload fails or when they need confirmation from the digibox that an update has worked.

Chris