cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DACS

N/A

DACS

Hi, i've raised a ticket on this issue but have seen quicker responses here and good feedback from members as well as staff.
I ordered ADSL home self install on thursday, but since then have found out my line almost certainly has DACS, I was wondering how the removal of DACS off my line is done before the adsl is activated, and how long etc it would take ? and would it cost anything extra ? any help would be much appreciated
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DACS

> Hi, i've raised a ticket on this issue but have seen quicker responses here and good feedback from members as well as staff.
> I ordered ADSL home self install on thursday, but since then have found out my line almost certainly has DACS, I was wondering how the removal of DACS off my line is done before the adsl is activated, and how long etc it would take ? and would it cost anything extra ? any help would be much appreciated

Think you will have to contact BT (good luck) to have the DACS box removed, sure BT will charge but i could be wrong.

You may even be lucky and get the ADSL without having the DACS box removed, +net should be able to check this for you.
--
Reset
N/A

If your line is on one then you would know by an initial dialup connect speed of around 33kbps or less.
N/A

> If your line is on one then you would know by an initial dialup connect speed of around 33kbps or less.
>
yea that fact and the fact there is a line sharing notice on the bt adsl availability tool pretty much confirms I have a DACS on my line. reset it is not possible to have ADSL enabled on a line while the DACS is still there, so I would have to have it removed, just got a ticket back and they say that BT will detect the DACS in test and remove it as part of the normal activation process (as I thought), i'm not sure don't think i have to pay anything either, considering its just pot luck whether you get a DACS on your line or not in the first place. so think it just adds a few days onto activation process (if everything else is ok).
What I wanted was someone with experience of this who hopefully had their DACS removed and eveything ok'd, as i'm curious to how successful people have been with getting them removed for ADSL
N/A

> > If your line is on one then you would know by an initial dialup connect speed of around 33kbps or less.

> What I wanted was someone with experience of this who hopefully had their DACS removed and eveything ok'd, as i'm curious to how successful people have been with getting them removed for ADSL
>

I'm waiting for activation at present. My exchange officially "went live" on Tuesday. I've been cursed with a DACS and the resultant less that 33.3K connection for several years. However a couple of months ago my line disappeared one morning so, before calling faults, I thought I'd check there was no-one working on the pole. Sure enough there was a bloke up there who informed me that my line would be back in a few minutes as they were doing a, pre-broadband activation, DACS removal programme. Within minutes I had a 50K + connection! Made me wonder about bothering to get broadband( I did though). Of course for the previous years they'd refused to remove the DACS - quoting the cotractual requirement to provide a voice line only.

Cheers

Guy
N/A

> > > If your line is on one then you would know by an initial dialup connect speed of around 33kbps or less.
>
> > What I wanted was someone with experience of this who hopefully had their DACS removed and eveything ok'd, as i'm curious to how successful people have been with getting them removed for ADSL
> >
>
> I'm waiting for activation at present. My exchange officially "went live" on Tuesday. I've been cursed with a DACS and the resultant less that 33.3K connection for several years. However a couple of months ago my line disappeared one morning so, before calling faults, I thought I'd check there was no-one working on the pole. Sure enough there was a bloke up there who informed me that my line would be back in a few minutes as they were doing a, pre-broadband activation, DACS removal programme. Within minutes I had a 50K + connection! Made me wonder about bothering to get broadband( I did though). Of course for the previous years they'd refused to remove the DACS - quoting the cotractual requirement to provide a voice line only.
>
> Cheers
>
> Guy

I had a DACS on my line. Initially it was suggested that I myself should get BT to remove it. Well, after going through about 33 different departments in BT I was eventually told that "we don't have a DACS removing department" - strange that, they have one for anything else you can think of. Anyway what really happens is that PlusNet talk to BT Ignite who remove your DACS as part of the activation of you DSL service and at no charge to yourself. Yes it might add a day or two on but mine only took 5 days in total so maybe not.
N/A

Thanks alot for all your replies, I hoped it would be as you've all said, and looks like it is. It Won't be long now! Cheesy