cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link DSL 504

Community Veteran

D-Link DSL 504

I have just bought a second hand D-Link DSL 504 router of Ebay because my Sitecom router was completely freezing when I was using BitComet.
The D-Link is working fantasticaly so far. The only problem is that it does not have an automatically reconnect option like the Sitecom did. I need this as I have an FTP server set up at home that I use for work.
Does anyone know about this router and if there is anyway I can make it reconnect automatically if the connection drops. It currently will connect on local demand which is no use if I need to connect remotely.
2 REPLIES
N/A

D-Link DSL 504

hmm it should do, mine always use to reconnect automatically, not sure where/if there is a selectable option, there should be, probably in the Multiple PPP or whatever it is, but im certain it always use to reconnect itself if the connection dropped
Community Veteran

D-Link DSL 504

hmm it should do, mine always use to reconnect automatically, not sure where/if there is a selectable option, there should be, probably in the Multiple PPP or whatever it is, but im certain it always use to reconnect itself if the connection dropped

It probably will automatically reconnect. I would just rather it had an option just to make sure. Really starting to like it now. I have been abusing it with BitComet for 24 hours now and working fine. My old one would have long since frozen!