Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link DSL-504 ADSL Router

dscott
Dabbler

Hi folks,

I'm about to attempt to connect 2 pcs running Windows XP (and probably my son's x-box) via a wired networkk at home. I was thinking about purchasing the D-Link DSL 504 router, so I'll be grateful if anyone can advise if this is a good choice for connecting to PlusNet broadband.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,
David
7 REPLIES
N/A

A mate of mine has got a D link router, it's working on Plusnet 512K fine.

Sorry I don't know the model, but I do know he's just bought a D link Wireless APN which he's hooked up to the router and that's fine too.

Hope this helps

Jeff
N/A

I use this particular router, and can safely say it's good. Easy web-based interface (or telnet, your choice), easy to use simple features such as port forwarding and best of all: reliable.
madswitcher
Grafter

Hi there,

I have one of these spare if you are interested in buying it.

Make me an offer (sensible one that is)

Regards, Mike
Community Veteran

An alternative to consider is the Netgear DG834 - pretty much the same spec as the Dlink.
N/A

I have Netgear DG834, has worked great for the most part but it's under the blanket of disconnection problems, which isn't really it's fault...just BT mucking around...again.
N/A

Not wanting to tempt fate, but I have no problems with my DG834.
I'm on the old pipe though.
dscott
Dabbler

Many thanks for all the replies - I've gone ahead and ordered the D-Link 504, so no doubt I'll be back on seeking advice if (when!) I run into probs getting it working. If anyone is interested on how easy it sets up, I'll be happy to supply feedback. Mike, thanks for the offer of your old one.