Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D- LInk G604T router + PS2 Problem

apollo1
Grafter

Hi

ANyone managed to get the above router to work with PS2 games online?

All i get for 25mins is the DNAS screen, looking around the net there is loads of people with the same problem but no one has the answer, apparantly X-box live works perfect,

Have the lastest firmware by the way.

Graham
9 REPLIES
N/A

D-Link DSL-G604T + PS2 online - same problem..

i have the same problem as well.. i know it's the router because PS2 online used to work over 'net connection sharing when i had a PCI ADSL modem

by the way, what is an XBOX :?

Tongue only joking, its just that i've never seen one actually working - they always show the blue screen of death
N/A

You need to add port forward rules to the router in order for the PS2 to work. If you look up the Sony Help page on the PS2, it will list all the ports you need to forward.

Aaron
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Try looking at this

I've never had a problem with my xbox. Never seen the blue screen in about the 2 years I've had it.
N/A

i've tried DMZ, still no joy

sifting round the 'net and other people (see here) have the same trouble, DNAS taking 20 to 30 minutes to work

maybe it's to be something to do with how the G604T is set up, the chipset it uses? for example most 56K modems use Conexant chipsets

i left my PS2 to do its thing and after 20 minutes it got onto Central Station, which shows it does connect eventually and works fine after that but say you go on NFS Underground online, thats another 20minutes before you get to play online :shock:
apollo1
Grafter

Tried the smae to my router, D-Link haven't said there is a problem of thier website, although from what i have read on the net, alot of users have contacted them, even getting the reply "we don't support PS2's" hmmmm great support team that is.

Well i think there is no hope unless a firmware fix is provided or i temp use my Zoom ADSL PCi Modem and ICS in win xp **shivers at the thought**

If anyone knows a fix then please list it.

Graham
N/A

It should work in the DMZ, but really your main problem is that you need to forward ports in order for your PS2 to work. I had to do the same on my router. The Sony Website for the PS2, gives you all the ports etc that you'll need.

Aaron
apollo1
Grafter

Hi

Configured my router to open the ports Sony says it need but still gets stuck on the DNAS screen for 20 minutes then lets me in.

I think only a Dlink Firmwar upgrade can solve this.

Graham
N/A

Maybe a firmware upgrade would help resolve this issue, but I had the same problem until I added the ports to my inbound ruleset.

Let me know how you get on.

Aaron
apollo1
Grafter

Hi which router do you use?

Graham