cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-LINK

N/A

D-LINK

Hi,

I anyone using a D-LINK modem or router for connecting to PlusNet ADSL?

If so did you have any problems setting it up?

And what model do you have?

Thanks
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: D-LINK

Hi,

I'm using a D-Link DSL-500 and didn't have any problems getting it going. Can you connect to the router by typing in it's IP address (default is usually 192.168.0.1) into your browser?

If so, the first thing I would do is download the latest firmware (if it's not on thier already) from the D-Link website and flash the router with it (it comes with it's own flashing utility).

Matt.

P.S. If you have a software firewall running such as ZoneAlarm, switch it off before attempting a firmware upgrade.

> Hi,
>
> I anyone using a D-LINK modem or router for connecting to PlusNet ADSL?
>
> If so did you have any problems setting it up?
>
> And what model do you have?
>
>
> Thanks

Community Veteran

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a D-Link DSL-500 and didn't have any problems getting it going. Can you connect to the router by typing in it's IP address (default is usually 192.168.0.1) into your browser?
>
> If so, the first thing I would do is download the latest firmware (if it's not on thier already) from the D-Link website and flash the router with it (it comes with it's own flashing utility).
>
> Matt.
>
> P.S. If you have a software firewall running such as ZoneAlarm, switch it off before attempting a firmware upgrade.
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I anyone using a D-LINK modem or router for connecting to PlusNet ADSL?
> >
> > If so did you have any problems setting it up?
> >
> > And what model do you have?
> >
> >
> > Thanks
>
>

Using the D-Link DSL 504 4 port router here.
No problems at all. In fact it was a breeze to set up. Previous posters advice is sound though about closing down any firewall while getting it going.
Once set up up then you can re-enable the firewall.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

There is a guide to setting up D-Link routers for PlusNet here:

https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=216

Hope this helps.

Matt.

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using a D-Link DSL-500 and didn't have any problems getting it going. Can you connect to the router by typing in it's IP address (default is usually 192.168.0.1) into your browser?
> >
> > If so, the first thing I would do is download the latest firmware (if it's not on thier already) from the D-Link website and flash the router with it (it comes with it's own flashing utility).
> >
> > Matt.
> >
> > P.S. If you have a software firewall running such as ZoneAlarm, switch it off before attempting a firmware upgrade.
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I anyone using a D-LINK modem or router for connecting to PlusNet ADSL?
> > >
> > > If so did you have any problems setting it up?
> > >
> > > And what model do you have?
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >
>
> Using the D-Link DSL 504 4 port router here.
> No problems at all. In fact it was a breeze to set up. Previous posters advice is sound though about closing down any firewall while getting it going.
> Once set up up then you can re-enable the firewall.
>
> --
> Regards
> John
> http://www.hmrg.co.uk

N/A

thanks,

i got my dlink router and modem working.

both my pc and laptop can see the shared files.

Although when i try to turn on internet connection sharing, i get a error " Internet connecting sharing cannot be enabled due to a
IP address confilt on the network. ICS requires the host to use 192.168.0.1"

What does this mean.

Do i have to manually edited IP's for my pc and laptop, at the moment they automatically get the IP's.
N/A

> thanks,
>
> i got my dlink router and modem working.
>
> both my pc and laptop can see the shared files.
>
> Although when i try to turn on internet connection sharing, i get a error " Internet connecting sharing cannot be enabled due to a
> IP address confilt on the network. ICS requires the host to use 192.168.0.1"
>
> What does this mean.
>
> Do i have to manually edited IP's for my pc and laptop, at the moment they automatically get the IP's.
>
----------------------------
How are you linking the laptop and PC together? If you've got some kind of ethernet switch then you don't need ICS. Set the IP address of one machine to be 192.168.0.2 and the other 192.168.0.3 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.0.1 for both. Then both will go directly out the router.

You don't say what router you are using? I've got the DSL-504 and it was an absolute doddle to set up and have 3 machines regularly use it.
--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

> > thanks,
> >
> > i got my dlink router and modem working.
> >
> > both my pc and laptop can see the shared files.
> >
> > Although when i try to turn on internet connection sharing, i get a error " Internet connecting sharing cannot be enabled due to a
> > IP address confilt on the network. ICS requires the host to use 192.168.0.1"
> >
> > What does this mean.
> >
> > Do i have to manually edited IP's for my pc and laptop, at the moment they automatically get the IP's.
> >
> ----------------------------
> How are you linking the laptop and PC together? If you've got some kind of ethernet switch then you don't need ICS. Set the IP address of one machine to be 192.168.0.2 and the other 192.168.0.3 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.0.1 for both. Then both will go directly out the router.
>
> You don't say what router you are using? I've got the DSL-504 and it was an absolute doddle to set up and have 3 machines regularly use it.
>
> --
> Come on Boro!
> http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
>

----------------------
Re-read your comment: If you're using an ethernet switch to link the PC and laptop and both are set to use DHCP to get IP addresses, you needn't do anything else. It should just work!

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

Let me explain my setup:

I have the DLINK ADSL ROUTER DI-614+ and the DLINK ADSL MODEM D300G+

I need tobe able to share an 56kb connection for when the adsl goes down.

my laptop is connected via cable to the router, and my pc and a dlink wireless usb adapter.

I can see the files on my laptop via my oc and vice versa.

But i cannot get it to share a connection.

N/A

> But i cannot get it to share a connection.

surely this is a software thing then. Are your gateway addresses set correctly?
N/A

both my gateways are the same, i hv pinged each pc from dos and it sends all the packets. i cant see what esle i am doing wrong....