cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-LINK ROUTER

N/A

D-LINK ROUTER

I have a D-LINK DSL 504 Router, can anyone tell me how to set the "firewall" up in the set-up screen (what options need to be selected...etc).

Also on my PC i am running Sygate personal firewall, therefore do i need the firewall setup on the router.
Which is best........??

Thanks in advance for any help i receive !
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: D-LINK ROUTER

> I have a D-LINK DSL 504 Router, can anyone tell me how to set the "firewall" up in the set-up screen (what options need to be selected...etc).
>
> Also on my PC i am running Sygate personal firewall, therefore do i need the firewall setup on the router.
> Which is best........??
>
> Thanks in advance for any help i receive !
------------------------
Do you mean the Advanced Filtering & Firewall page?

Basically you should leave this blank, unless you need to allow access to your machine from other specific IPs. Out of the box, the router will block all traffic unless initiated by you (i.e. web browsing requests or POPping your mail server).

I run ZoneAlarm too but it has only murmuured once in the 6 months I've had the D-Link running. What I'm saying is the D-Link should block everything but it doesn't hurt to go belt and braces.

--
Come on Boro!
http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm
N/A

> > I have a D-LINK DSL 504 Router, can anyone tell me how to set the "firewall" up in the set-up screen (what options need to be selected...etc).
> >
> > Also on my PC i am running Sygate personal firewall, therefore do i need the firewall setup on the router.
> > Which is best........??
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help i receive !
> ------------------------
> Do you mean the Advanced Filtering & Firewall page?
>
> Basically you should leave this blank, unless you need to allow access to your machine from other specific IPs. Out of the box, the router will block all traffic unless initiated by you (i.e. web browsing requests or POPping your mail server).
>
> I run ZoneAlarm too but it has only murmuured once in the 6 months I've had the D-Link running. What I'm saying is the D-Link should block everything but it doesn't hurt to go belt and braces.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Come on Boro!
> http://www.waynessa.co.uk/boro.htm

Yes, i mean the Advanced Filtering & Firewall page - should the "IP FILTER STATE" box be disabled or enabled (at the top of the page)?
Also i have not altered any of the other settings below this.

Thanks once again for your help.
>
N/A

> Yes, i mean the Advanced Filtering & Firewall page - should the "IP FILTER STATE" box be disabled or enabled (at the top of the page)?
> Also, i have not altered any of the other settings below this - is this correct ?
>
> Thanks once again for your help.