cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Attitude

N/A

Customer Service Attitude

Thought some of you out there might like to have a chuckle at the following from customer service. I have ahad ADSL for 4 weeks now and have had constant disconnection problems and connection problems (error 71Cool. I have been waiting for some resolution from PlusNet who simply shift the blame onto BT. Anyway, I asked what was going on and this is what I got:

'The ticket has been assigned to the correct pool for investigation.'

I then asked what the hell this vague excuse for an anwser meant and received the following...

Please stop responding to this ticket, it is no way speeding up the resolution of your problem. Your problem will be addressed with BT and we will update you accordingly. Your issue will be addressed in due course.
regards
Support

Thus, remember PLusNet customers - you are not allowed to ask questions, do not chase up your problems. Wait patiently and keep paying PlusNet........................
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Customer Service Attitude

Hello Neil,

What kind of dialup adaptor did you create,
was it on Windows XP or ME by any chance?

As these versions of Windows have an added "make dialup" setup for broadband users, but they don't always work.

I was running Windows 98 for four years and just changed over to XP on the 14th of July, i had the error you are getting, the dialup connection the PC software creates for a WAN connection sometimes won't always work.

I had to set-up mine manually, try the basic dialup set-up and avoid the broadband setup.

Once you make the basic dialup, set the phone number to 0,38

Try also adding PlusNet DNS servers to the dialup on the advanced part. this way it should find where it's supposed to be going instead of connecting then looking up.

Add: DNS 1: 212.159.11.150
and DNS 2: 212.159.13.150

Set the line type as ISDN 64K Digital.
This won't effect the speed.
and tell it to use your WAN driver as the modem.

This normally cures the problem.

BTW. Support have lots of people to deal with right now, so sit it out, i'm sure if the above doesn't work, PlusNet will get you sorted.

I find if you be nice, and not too demanding when doing business with a company they often get things done with no hastles. If you become a pest, well who knows..

It's very anonying for all ADSL users right now, the service is up and down like a YoYo, sometimes i can't connect for a while, or my speeds slow right down to nearly 8K on upstream, but getting angry won't make the problem solve any faster, there are lots of folk here on this forum who can offer some help for you. Just ask, and you'll get lots of help.

Stay cool Smiley
and good luck.

--
Jason
=====
N/A

> Hello Neil,
>
> What kind of dialup adaptor did you create,
> was it on Windows XP or ME by any chance?
>
> As these versions of Windows have an added "make dialup" setup for broadband users, but they don't always work.
>
> I was running Windows 98 for four years and just changed over to XP on the 14th of July, i had the error you are getting, the dialup connection the PC software creates for a WAN connection sometimes won't always work.
>
> I had to set-up mine manually, try the basic dialup set-up and avoid the broadband setup.
>
> Once you make the basic dialup, set the phone number to 0,38
>
> Try also adding PlusNet DNS servers to the dialup on the advanced part. this way it should find where it's supposed to be going instead of connecting then looking up.
>
> Add: DNS 1: 212.159.11.150
> and DNS 2: 212.159.13.150
>
> Set the line type as ISDN 64K Digital.
> This won't effect the speed.
> and tell it to use your WAN driver as the modem.
>
> This normally cures the problem.
>
> BTW. Support have lots of people to deal with right now, so sit it out, i'm sure if the above doesn't work, PlusNet will get you sorted.
>
> I find if you be nice, and not too demanding when doing business with a company they often get things done with no hastles. If you become a pest, well who knows..
>
> It's very anonying for all ADSL users right now, the service is up and down like a YoYo, sometimes i can't connect for a while, or my speeds slow right down to nearly 8K on upstream, but getting angry won't make the problem solve any faster, there are lots of folk here on this forum who can offer some help for you. Just ask, and you'll get lots of help.
>
> Stay cool Smiley
> and good luck.
>
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

Nice to see someone with a sensible attitude answering a query. There's too many people onhere too quick to critisise an overal good service. Too much expected of a new technology too soon, me thinks.
N/A

> Hello Neil,
>
> What kind of dialup adaptor did you create,
> was it on Windows XP or ME by any chance?
>
> As these versions of Windows have an added "make dialup" setup for broadband users, but they don't always work.
>
> I was running Windows 98 for four years and just changed over to XP on the 14th of July, i had the error you are getting, the dialup connection the PC software creates for a WAN connection sometimes won't always work.
>
> I had to set-up mine manually, try the basic dialup set-up and avoid the broadband setup.
>
> Once you make the basic dialup, set the phone number to 0,38
>
> Try also adding PlusNet DNS servers to the dialup on the advanced part. this way it should find where it's supposed to be going instead of connecting then looking up.
>
> Add: DNS 1: 212.159.11.150
> and DNS 2: 212.159.13.150
>
> Set the line type as ISDN 64K Digital.
> This won't effect the speed.
> and tell it to use your WAN driver as the modem.
>
> This normally cures the problem.
>
> BTW. Support have lots of people to deal with right now, so sit it out, i'm sure if the above doesn't work, PlusNet will get you sorted.
>
> I find if you be nice, and not too demanding when doing business with a company they often get things done with no hastles. If you become a pest, well who knows..
>
> It's very anonying for all ADSL users right now, the service is up and down like a YoYo, sometimes i can't connect for a while, or my speeds slow right down to nearly 8K on upstream, but getting angry won't make the problem solve any faster, there are lots of folk here on this forum who can offer some help for you. Just ask, and you'll get lots of help.
>
> Stay cool Smiley
> and good luck.
>
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

Thanks Jason,

It seems somewhat bizzare that an issue raised by myself with PlusNet continually for weeks has not had an informed and mature response - but a single posting on a discussion forum provides the kind of feedback that I expect from PlusNet. The reason I posted my initial statement is because I feel PlusNet have been constantly shifting the blame onto BT and failing to take any resopnsibility. Every time I have raised the issue they simply pasted 'news' about their new fat pipe as if this was some kind of panacea for all our problems.

Only now, after weeks of complaing have PlusNet responded and actually raised an error with BT - that is simply not good enough.

I am on XP and will have a go and see what happens, thanks again Jason :-)

N/A

> > Hello Neil,
> >
> > What kind of dialup adaptor did you create,
> > was it on Windows XP or ME by any chance?
> >
> > As these versions of Windows have an added "make dialup" setup for broadband users, but they don't always work.
> >
> > I was running Windows 98 for four years and just changed over to XP on the 14th of July, i had the error you are getting, the dialup connection the PC software creates for a WAN connection sometimes won't always work.
> >
> > I had to set-up mine manually, try the basic dialup set-up and avoid the broadband setup.
> >
> > Once you make the basic dialup, set the phone number to 0,38
> >
> > Try also adding PlusNet DNS servers to the dialup on the advanced part. this way it should find where it's supposed to be going instead of connecting then looking up.
> >
> > Add: DNS 1: 212.159.11.150
> > and DNS 2: 212.159.13.150
> >
> > Set the line type as ISDN 64K Digital.
> > This won't effect the speed.
> > and tell it to use your WAN driver as the modem.
> >
> > This normally cures the problem.
> >
> > BTW. Support have lots of people to deal with right now, so sit it out, i'm sure if the above doesn't work, PlusNet will get you sorted.
> >
> > I find if you be nice, and not too demanding when doing business with a company they often get things done with no hastles. If you become a pest, well who knows..
> >
> > It's very anonying for all ADSL users right now, the service is up and down like a YoYo, sometimes i can't connect for a while, or my speeds slow right down to nearly 8K on upstream, but getting angry won't make the problem solve any faster, there are lots of folk here on this forum who can offer some help for you. Just ask, and you'll get lots of help.
> >
> > Stay cool Smiley
> > and good luck.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Jason
> > =====
>
> Nice to see someone with a sensible attitude answering a query. There's too many people onhere too quick to critisise an overal good service. Too much expected of a new technology too soon, me thinks.
>

As for the above little comment - well is it helpful? How many would agree that the service is 'good'? If we should not expect a full service as this is a 'new technology' with teething problems, then maybe we should be on a reduced subscritpion rate until we receive the service we expect?
N/A

> Thought some of you out there might like to have a chuckle at the following from customer service. I have ahad ADSL for 4 weeks now and have had constant disconnection problems and connection problems (error 71Cool. I have been waiting for some resolution from PlusNet who simply shift the blame onto BT. Anyway, I asked what was going on and this is what I got:
>
> 'The ticket has been assigned to the correct pool for investigation.'
>
> I then asked what the hell this vague excuse for an anwser meant and received the following...
>
> Please stop responding to this ticket, it is no way speeding up the resolution of your problem. Your problem will be addressed with BT and we will update you accordingly. Your issue will be addressed in due course.
> regards
> Support
>
> Thus, remember PLusNet customers - you are not allowed to ask questions, do not chase up your problems. Wait patiently and keep paying PlusNet........................

Hi Neil,

Apologies if you felt the ticket wasn't clear. 'The ticket has been assigned to the correct pool for investigation.' This basically means that the problem had been forwarded to another ticket pool to be looked at in more depth.

The second comment was added as when you amended your ticket it was forwarded back to the first response ticket pool thus meaning that the people who needed to look at your issue wouldn't see it, I will investigate why this happened.

It is not necessarily a question of shifting the blame to BT, most ADSL problems have to be escalated to BT at some stage as they control most of the infrastructure for ADSL and are able to test your individual etc. A good test in your case would be to login with username bt_test@startup_domain (no password) and seeing if the line drops. Using this login means that you don't actually come into our network and is useful for proving certain things when diagnosing a fault.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

>
> Nice to see someone with a sensible attitude answering a query. There's too many people onhere too quick to critisise an overal good service. Too much expected of a new technology too soon, me thinks.
>

ADSL is not new technology. And experience from friends using other ISPs is that ADSL is very fast and very reliable. I have not had my ADSL connection working for 4 weeks now, even though I am paying for it. Is that too quick to critisise? I think not.
--
N/A

If you think the service level your recieving from plusnet isnt god enough, try going else where, ive bin with them for nearly a week, ive had problems and theve been sorted with 10 minutes, unlike with blueyonder from cable which was pafetic, my modem had to be replaced 3 times with 6 weeks of waiting before replacement, go with them if u dont like plus net. Hope you enjoy the extreemly poor serive with blueyonder.
Irate PLusnet extreemly high for their sevice and affordabilty, i dont see freeserve or blueyonder going out of their way to help you, whereas plus net do

go play elsewhere
N/A

> If you think the service level your recieving from plusnet isnt god enough, try going else where, ive bin with them for nearly a week, ive had problems and theve been sorted with 10 minutes, unlike with blueyonder from cable which was pafetic, my modem had to be replaced 3 times with 6 weeks of waiting before replacement, go with them if u dont like plus net. Hope you enjoy the extreemly poor serive with blueyonder.
> Irate PLusnet extreemly high for their sevice and affordabilty, i dont see freeserve or blueyonder going out of their way to help you, whereas plus net do
>
> go play elsewhere

You have been on a week , lets wait and see....Not sure I see any logic in your argument - PlusNet is great because other providers are even worse?

Reading through these forums I am struck by the hostitlity that people who complain in these forums receive from other PlusNet useres who are (mostly) also suffering from a poor service (tonight 9kbps down and 38 up).

To patronize and suggest that we all give PlusNet a break and stop being hard on them (in some bizzare hope that all will then be OK) seems to me like mana from heaven for them. If we don't complain in a forthright and mature fashion, nothing will change - that is a universal truth...