cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter Strike Ping RAtes since June

frattonpark
Dabbler

I've noticed that my ping rates pre-June when playing CSS were around 50-60. SInce June these are now always 140-180 which makes playing the game impossible.

This occurs on both european and uk based servers. I have raised a few tickets but always seem to get fobbed off Evil

To be honest I'm really considering switching to a different ISP as this is just impossible

Perhaps someone here can assist me before I switch - Thanks
5 REPLIES
frattonpark
Dabbler

Jeez - No-one interested? Cry

I've seen a lot of people complaining about slowdowns in their connection speeds playing on-line games. I'm another and I also suffer the same fate of being ignored

Considering I'm paying 22 quid a month this is just not on!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Sorry that this thread wasn't picked up earlier, you should be aware that these forums aren't official support means though.

If you could follow the instructions on this page and provide the wireshark capture we can check the traffic is being identified correctly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that interleaving has been on your line for a while and it looks like the line profile hasn't updated in a while (at least, your sync speed of 6.5mb does not match up with the 1152 maximum stable rate and 806 fault threshold rate that BT have marked your line as.

If you go to http://www.speedtester.bt.com and advise of the results we can look at this, though removing interleaving may well have a positive effect on the ping times - this is a modify order with BT and completed within 24 hours. Please let us know if you'd like to go ahead with this and we will arrange it for you, though please bear in mind that this can lead to instability in some cases.
frattonpark
Dabbler

Thanks to you both. I willrun and post the speed test Thursday when I'm back home

Thanks
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Bear in mind you'll have to do so at http://community.plus.net/forum/ as these forums go read only tonight at midnight (don't worry, the threads will be moved over).