cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone tell me if this is right, please?

N/A

Hi! I signed up for PlusNet easystart yesterday, and I'm waiting for my line to be activated. I sat down tonight to try and make sense of how it will be wired up. I took a look on the tutorials forum at the wiring guide, but it kinda confused me. I took a shot at drawing out what I think my wiring setup should be, but I have no idea if it is right or not Sad Here's the drawing I made in word...

http://www.sonicosoftware.fsnet.co.uk/adsl_wiring.JPG

My computer is in my bedroom upstairs, and goes to a extension socket which runs all the way downstairs to the main socket. Theres also a phone, sky digibox and a dialup internet connection also going to the main socket.

There's no phones or any other devices upstairs which need the phone line, so the socket will just be for my ADSL connection. I think I've probably got it all wrong, but I am very new to all this. I'd be very grateful for any help you can give Smiley

Cheers,
Robert Smiley
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Robert

The drawing you made for the setup is correct.

I have the exact same situation as yourself and it works fine.

Hope that hepls.

Neil
Community Veteran

Yes this looks fine, however you can always change things about if it don't work. Check the relevent tutorial in the Tutorials and FAQs forum for more help on issues like this.

Chris
N/A

Yay! Cheesy I didn't think I would get it right, lol Tongue Thanks for your help Neil, and for the very quick reply Cheesy

Robert Smiley