Correct DNS addresses?

The published addresses on the support page are:
212.159.11.150 Pri
212.159.13.150 Sec
But I am being assigned (via my ADSL router connection):
212.159.11.150 Pri
195.112.4.14 Sec
Whats with this 195 address?
I ask because I often get DNS lookup failures, but then the required pages are found on the second or third attempt.
I even get failure looking up relay.plus.net on occassions, today it took a dozen tries to send one smtp mail because of this.
Obviously, if the Pri name server is busy or fails, the Sec server is used, so have I got a duff one?
B
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Correct DNS addresses?

There are hundreds of DNS servers out there and you can use anyone and they should all work. It is best to use one from plus.net and one from someone esle so if plus.net fail you still get dns.I use u-nets which is
194.119.131.66 or 65
It is worth trying diffrent ones as some are faster. If you router is the plus one then you can set the dns in the router yourself.
If you use a firewall it may cache dns to speed things up(outpost does).

> The published addresses on the support page are:
> 212.159.11.150 Pri
> 212.159.13.150 Sec
> But I am being assigned (via my ADSL router connection):
> 212.159.11.150 Pri
> 195.112.4.14 Sec
> Whats with this 195 address?
> I ask because I often get DNS lookup failures, but then the required pages are found on the second or third attempt.
> I even get failure looking up relay.plus.net on occassions, today it took a dozen tries to send one smtp mail because of this.
> Obviously, if the Pri name server is busy or fails, the Sec server is used, so have I got a duff one?
> B

N/A

RE: Correct DNS addresses?

For some strange reason, the AR11 ADSL Router supplied in the starter pack is pre-configured to use non-PlusNet DNS servers. Mine was using DNS servers belonging to Nildram and Zen Internet.

Tim