cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

N/A

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

I'm converting at the moment, anyone offer any guidance as to how long this process will actually take it says 7-10 days from when bt get the order, which order is this?
On the order checker it is still indicating that the line is been checked, its been like this since thursday last week.
I've been unable to get a connection since Friday.
Also on the order checker one of the items about 3 down the list from where my indicator is at the moment it says you will be billed once your order has been placed with BT, I've already been billed.

Any ideas what stage I'm really at and how long its likely to take. :?
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

ADSL is DSL. Do you mean ISDN - ADSL?

Or do you mean you're migrating from dslConnect to a new package?
N/A

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

sorry, yes I'm changing from DSL to broadband Plus
LiamM
Grafter

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

Ah right.

Migrations take 7-10 days. dslConnect was a datastream product (BT) and Broadband Plus is IPStream (BT), however I think there is now a migration path between the two.

They usually occur in the early hours, so you should wake up one morning to find your connection is much faster. You may have been given a new username / password to connect with?
N/A

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

Thanks Liam, I haven't recieved any new log in details yet?
I can't connect at the moment so I presume the 7-10 days will have started from when I lost my connection?
LiamM
Grafter

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

Quite possibly then. I thought there was a quick migration path now between the two products (they use different connection methods at BT's end). Obviously not.

Therefore what seems to have happened is a "cease and reprovide". You line has been ceased, and will be reprovided within 7-10 days with a new service on the new connection method.

With regards to your other thread - you can ignore what I said - you will be automatically connected at the highest speed your line will support.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Conversion, DSL to ADSL

I think BT have a migration path between DataStram and IPStream if the DataStream provider will supply a MAC. As PlusNet used Tiscali for the DataStream products and they will not supply a MAC, then I don't think PlusNet can easily migrate.

Phil