cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually disconnecting

kathie1101
Grafter

When I moved house in March 2004, I noticed that we were getting a lot of noise on the phone line, I therefore contacted BT who came and checked the line, and typically on the day the engineer came the phone line was fine, he could find no fault and said there would be no problem with me getting my broadband. I then got 512k from plusnet (supplied Binatone ADSL 500 modem) and have had problems with it ever since, it is continually loosing synch (I think that is the problem) - the adsl light keeps flashing. Somedays it doesn't do this at all, other's it might be only once or twice and other days I am lucky if I can be online for more than 2 minutes before I loose my connection. We are still getting a lot of noise on the line and I think this is what is causing the problem, hence I have never reported these problems to Plusnet.

Would I be best to raise a ticket with plusnet, contact BT again or what? I am reluctant to call BT again cos as far as I am aware they will charge me if they can't find a fault. I can't check to see if it is my modem that is faulty as I don't know anyone that I could borrow one off to check and neither can I afford to go out and buy one.

Any help much appreciated, and sorry for the long winded post.

Kathie
4 REPLIES
N/A

blimey ,not another person on drop outs !!! :shock: Kathie check the other threads ,there is no need to make a new one Wink

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22033

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24147
N/A

Sprinter, you don't know that kathie's problems are related to those threats.

Kathie, firstly have you got filters on all your telephone's and sky, if you have it installed. Noise on the line, normally means either you have a fault on your line, or a faulty filter.

Do you have anyone else you know who has broadband, who you know isn't having any problems, and that you can borrow their filter? it's just one way of checking whether it's a filter problem.

Have you checked the wiring guide in the tutorials?

Aaron
N/A

Sprinter, you don't know that kathie's problems are related to those threats.

yeah true mate, however ,kathie might find those other threads useful in some ways
N/A

agreed Cheesy