cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contention Ratio

N/A

Contention Ratio

O.k. Here is the question. Does anyone think that there is much real world difference between 50:1 and 30:1 contention ratio? I mean it all looks good on paper but at the end of the day does it really matter and can most people really see a difference?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Contention Ratio

I thought until recently it did make a difference. I was on a home account then upgraded to a business account that has 20:1 contention I believe (on PN's network), and it's as crap as everyone else who's complaining about speed issues due to BT's infrastructure overloads, which unfortunately PN have no control over...
so at the moment, NO there's no perceivable difference.
N/A

Contention Ratio

I thought until recently it did make a difference. I was on a home account then upgraded to a business account that has 20:1 contention I believe (on PN's network), and it's as crap as everyone else who's complaining about speed issues due to BT's infrastructure overloads, which unfortunately PN have no control over...
so at the moment, NO there's no perceivable difference.
N/A

Contention Ratio

This is exactly what I have thought..Contention ratio is a bit of marketing gumph that fools the average consumer in to thinking that paying more for 30:1 is much better than 50:1, on paper I am sure technicians can wax lyrical about the differences but it is the real world that is important.