cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Plusnet

N/A

Contacting Plusnet

Does anybody know how to contact this idiot company. I have tried to phone them but I queue for a rediculous amount of time only to speak to an undertrained pillock. I have tried posting 'tickets' but these are ignored. All I want to do is cancel my ADSL account and wash my hands of this terrible company. I can't even do that.

If their 24hr 7 day a week was even slightly useful my problems could be solved and I would not need to post this note.

Does any of you experiencing similar problems fancy clubbing together and contacting Watchdog about them?

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Contacting Plusnet

> Does anybody know how to contact this idiot company. I have tried to phone them but I queue for a rediculous amount of time only to speak to an undertrained pillock. I have tried posting 'tickets' but these are ignored. All I want to do is cancel my ADSL account and wash my hands of this terrible company. I can't even do that.
>
> If their 24hr 7 day a week was even slightly useful my problems could be solved and I would not need to post this note.
>
> Does any of you experiencing similar problems fancy clubbing together and contacting Watchdog about them?
>
>

hmm they do state the only way too cancel is to raise a ticket, if not the mail a CS Direct, if I have to get something fixed it's usually Ian Wild I use Iwild@plus.net
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

I would like to sympathise with you, i really would, but I won't. I'd like to join you in your quest to expose plusnet on watchdog for the cowboys they are, but I will not.
I will not because I have always had nothing but the best from plusnet, and I am sure for every one person who complains on these forums, there are hundred more happy customers.
Since signing up, my connection has been constant and reliable, the one instance it wasn't, plusnet infomed me why and fixed the problem efficiantly, wanting only a little patience in return.
Customer service has been first class. Reps I have spoken to on the phone have always been polite and helpful and the ticket system is a credit to the company. I recently moved house and plusnet dealt with the transfer of connection quickly and efficiently and the transfer was completed ahead of schedule.
So i'm sorry if any of you out there are having problems and I know that this post will probably be responded to with a tirrade of abuse from the plusnet angry mob, but i won't lose sleep over it. For me Plusnet have been the perfect ISP, as i'm sure they have for many others, i just hope the minority won't ruin this good thing for the rest of us.

Any thoughts?
I'm sure you have, but i couldn't give a toss.

Good Job Plusnet
N/A

I can assure you being a happy plusnet customer means you are an exception to the rule! If you have had good reliable service then good for you!

However I feel I speak for a lot of plusnet users when I say - 35 minute phone support waiting times - constant unstable and slow connections - contact us emails which are ignored = basically a ***** service!!!

> I would like to sympathise with you, i really would, but I won't. I'd like to join you in your quest to expose plusnet on watchdog for the cowboys they are, but I will not.
> I will not because I have always had nothing but the best from plusnet, and I am sure for every one person who complains on these forums, there are hundred more happy customers.
> Since signing up, my connection has been constant and reliable, the one instance it wasn't, plusnet infomed me why and fixed the problem efficiantly, wanting only a little patience in return.
> Customer service has been first class. Reps I have spoken to on the phone have always been polite and helpful and the ticket system is a credit to the company. I recently moved house and plusnet dealt with the transfer of connection quickly and efficiently and the transfer was completed ahead of schedule.
> So i'm sorry if any of you out there are having problems and I know that this post will probably be responded to with a tirrade of abuse from the plusnet angry mob, but i won't lose sleep over it. For me Plusnet have been the perfect ISP, as i'm sure they have for many others, i just hope the minority won't ruin this good thing for the rest of us.
>
> Any thoughts?
> I'm sure you have, but i couldn't give a toss.
>
> Good Job Plusnet

N/A

If you can find a genuine poll, that isn't sponsored by plus.net (to prevent bias) that proves you claims regarding customers feelings, then I would like to see it.

I know roughly 20 Plus.Net customers personaly, anf they have nothign but praise for the company, with the exception of the redback and router issues (sh*t happens).

4 of them have changed ADSL ISP's 1 times, and 2 of them 3 times. They all seem to have stoped the moaning, and settled down with Plus.Net.

Just because people are complaining on the forums, you can't make a acurate count of the userbase. Most users only come to the forums when they need to vent.

I am yet to see numerous threads, with many replies, from a majority of unique users (IE, not the same 5 creating 10 threads a week, and replying to eacj other).
Delves
Grafter

You've got to agree that the ticket system is not very good. I've raised three tickets that haven't been responded to in anywhere near the advertised average response time, as for the call centre it needs to be bigger,

Regards

Dave
>
> I can assure you being a happy plusnet customer means you are an exception to the rule! If you have had good reliable service then good for you!
>
> However I feel I speak for a lot of plusnet users when I say - 35 minute phone support waiting times - constant unstable and slow connections - contact us emails which are ignored = basically a ***** service!!!
>
>
>
>
> > I would like to sympathise with you, i really would, but I won't. I'd like to join you in your quest to expose plusnet on watchdog for the cowboys they are, but I will not.
> > I will not because I have always had nothing but the best from plusnet, and I am sure for every one person who complains on these forums, there are hundred more happy customers.
> > Since signing up, my connection has been constant and reliable, the one instance it wasn't, plusnet infomed me why and fixed the problem efficiantly, wanting only a little patience in return.
> > Customer service has been first class. Reps I have spoken to on the phone have always been polite and helpful and the ticket system is a credit to the company. I recently moved house and plusnet dealt with the transfer of connection quickly and efficiently and the transfer was completed ahead of schedule.
> > So i'm sorry if any of you out there are having problems and I know that this post will probably be responded to with a tirrade of abuse from the plusnet angry mob, but i won't lose sleep over it. For me Plusnet have been the perfect ISP, as i'm sure they have for many others, i just hope the minority won't ruin this good thing for the rest of us.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> > I'm sure you have, but i couldn't give a toss.
> >
> > Good Job Plusnet
>
>

N/A

I have had a taste of both. I got a Plusnet account and it has been great, I was so happy with them that I recommended them to a company that I service with IT products/services.

Sadly my own happy dealings with Plusnet have not been echoed with my recommendation.

They have provided faulty equipment, been no help at all in support and while they have kept things polite at all times through my ravings (well done lads) they have still failed to help and are continuing through their lack of common sense to undermine my good relationship with my customer.

What is really sad is that the customer if they had a good result was going to rollout Plusnet ADSL to 12 offices (2 of them at 2MB)

So tell me guys, why should I recommend you anymore?

If, as in my case the happy to sad split in customers is 50/50 then Im afraid you just are not doing well enough.

Right, Im off to BT now for 12 ADSL connections

N/A

I had nothing for praise for plusnet...until I went broadband.

I too recommended plusnet to others and am now very embarassed that I did. I have had nothing but trouble and lack of response to problems regarding my connection as have those I recommended.

I have no confidence in their support as they obviously have no idea what they are talking about (I am a systems managerfor a global company).

I will never ever recommend plusnet again. given my contract I will once completed transfer elsewhere.

If you have had good service from plusnet then good luck to you you are obviously a more valued customer than I. It is my considered opinion if I carried out my work with the same lack of response and interest I would of been sacked by now!