cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting BT Re: Connection Fault

N/A

Hi,

This has probably been asked before but is it possible to contact BT to find out when my connection fault is likely to be fixed?

i persevered with the line testing PlusNet undertook and am now apparently left in the dark as to when BT will get around to looking into the problem.

Does anyone have any idea how long BT take to resolves these issues?

BTW I should point out that I was happily connected for over 18 months @ 512k until a week last Sunday when I was upgraded to 2MB for free.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jason
10 REPLIES
N/A

BT tend to be a law unto themselves (as anyone waiting for the free upgrade will attest). As far as your connection fault is concerned, there are alot of knowledgeable people on this forum who would be happy to help you if they can but they'll need more detail on your problem than you've given.
N/A

BT and fixing things Ivan

Hi Jason,

Just read your posting, well you have to appreciate that no matter how long and superb your connection in the past this has no bearing on the present. This kind of problem could happen to me just as much as anyone else, BT dont discrimination in these kind of situations. Sadly, BT are one of the worst companies ever for there utter failure to communicate with real customers like you & me. Ironic for a telecoms company indeed :roll:

**I read recently in a Plusnet or F9 posting that a problem that requires action from BT is posted to BT's faults section but even after its posted and thus received on BT's own system, it can take anything from 7 -10 days before it gets actioned or worked on.

**BT are renowned for being terribly slow at the best of times, remember its a huge company its very like a dinosaure it takes it ages to put one foot in front of the other.

**To add insult to injury even if like me your actually a BT telephone customer and pay line rental & pay for voice calls. Unless your broadband internet service is with BT Openworld or BT Yahoo they wont even help you if you try phoning them up, you will just be referred back to your own ISP. The best bet is to ask PN to contact BT on your behalf to see whats happening.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
N/A

Thanks for the comments Ivan... as i suspected really from reading some of the threads on here.

My specific problem Stark, is a sync issue. My router just connot sync to PN. I've raised a ticket (obviously) and have since had the fault referred to BT.

i just wanted to know if there was a way of contacting BT that's all. It appears as though I'll have to sit tight and ride it out. Frustrating for sure. You never know how much you use the net until you don't have it. Even more frustrating is that i just got a VAIO too and its sat there getting dusty as i only want it for web stuff :x

regards
Jason
N/A

I can understand your frustration sixsixty, i don't suppose you have a friend who might lend you their router just to check that the problem isn't hardware related?
N/A

is a sync issue. My router just connot sync to PN. I've raised a ticket (obviously) and have since had the fault referred to BT.

i just wanted to know if there was a way of contacting BT that's all. It appears as though I'll have to sit tight and ride it out. Frustrating for sure.regards
Jason

Do you have sync with the exchange ?
I do but still cant get throught ot +net......
As you say BT are a law unto themselves and so far appear to have thrown my problem back to +net at least twice saying its not their problem only for +net to throw it back saying it is......
Its about time there was a group who monitered problems like this and could force the parties involved to sort the issue within a certain time scale or have to fork out compensation.....
N/A

I've hooked up my old PC which has my old PCI ADSL modem in it just to see if that could sync but that just said it was retraining like my router does.

ukiooi - are you still unable to connect? How long have you been unable to connect and what was the time frame between BT acknowledging your fault (if only to bounce it back to PN)?

Thanks again for the comments
N/A

sissixty

First time it was bounced back it took from the 22 may till the 1st june to get BT to came and look at my home setup and check line. Passed back to +net. other time i was rung on sat 4 june by BT who did some checks and then spoke to +net. I was told by BT they would do a lift and shift at exchange, which could be anytime between sat and mon. Checked on mon night to find the work not done and they had passed back to +net. Now back in Bt's hands again.....
As far as i concerned now both parties seem not to be interested in trying to fix my problem.
Think my only way out is to remigrate to another isp and hope that fixes the issue.

Now 3 days short of a month from start of issue and 22 days with NO connection.
N/A

At last a result......
Bt have fixed it.
Changed radus config or something like that......
N/A

Excellent news ukiooi,

Do you by any chance have any contact details for the BT dept. that deals with fixing ADSL lines? i would be most grateful as PN have now closed my original ticket which I think is a bit shitty considering I still have a fault regardless of it being in BT's hands or not.
N/A

sixsixty

Sorry but it all has to go through +net.......
All you can do is keep pestering the support crew (sorry lads) option 4 on phone. They have to raise it with BT and if Bt throw it back its up to them to throw it back again....
Right royal pain in the butt it is too :?

I know how you feel, frustrated and useless. Its a dammed big black hole that needs to be sorted so that both Bt and the isp's work together to resolve the problem in one go. Rather than all this passing the buck.
Have had good news though that my payment start date has been moved back to yesterday so at least i have some joy out of the situation.... Though even that had to go to BT for approval even though my contract is with +net....