cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections

GersFans
Grafter

Constant disconnections

I am having the problem where I continually get disconnected from the service after a few minutes, then be able to reconnect almost immediately.

This has been happening for 3 days now and is driving me up the wall. I have submitted a ticket, but was wondering if there is anything I can be advised to try?

Thanks a lot.
67 REPLIES
N/A

Constant disconnections

Are you currently being upgraded to MaxDSL?
N/A

Constant disconnections

I am getting the same!!!! It really is frustrating
N/A

Constant disconnections

Are you currently being upgraded to MaxDSL?

Why would this cause the problem and how would you know if you are getting upgraded or not, I got an email telling me it will happen soon, whatever that means!
N/A

Constant disconnections

If you are being upgraded to MaxDSL it can take 10 days to finish testing on average. Over this 10 day period you going to have random speeds and intermittant disconnections, you will either get one or both depending on your line conditions.

Everyone seems to be experiencing the same thing as the upgrades are happening. So far it seems that after the 10 day break in period where BT tests your line for the max stable rate, everything settles down and your internet goes back to normal with a much faster speed.

You can find out by checking your emails, if you received one telling you an upgrade has been made to a Max product then you are currently beign upgraded. If you are not being upgraded and have definately made sure you are not it could be a fault on your line and Plusnet need to be contacted.

Hope this helps.
N/A

Constant disconnections

thanks mate, been told an upgrade is on its way but not confirmed. Raised a ticket with plusnet with "undisclosed" faults as a quote from their help. Pretty frustrating, but will await the 10 days if necessary.

appreciate your time to read and respond
GersFans
Grafter

Constant disconnections

I got an email saying "important info about your broadband connection" which mentioned the upgrading to 8mb, and the fact it would disrupt normal service for 10 days, but doesn't say when its going to happen.

Maybe the process has started, and noone has informed me?

Pretty shabby I must say, the connection is unusable...
N/A

Constant disconnections

gersfans, exact same scenario for me. If I am being upgraded, great and can't wait, also appreciate plusnet doing this, but could they not let us knowHuh

Been a faultless year with Plusnet but at present my broadband is completely unusable. Because of the constant connections and disconnections this has been using up my allowable download limit (i.e. 50-60gb a day) when I my computer isnt even switched on!! Will I get this back in my allowance?Huh
GersFans
Grafter

Constant disconnections

Here is a link to my graph if anyone can decipher it for me, thanks;

http://www.l8nc.com/graph.php?sid=e0916c4a33f4f7c06d11629cc5451507&jid=1fe1c83472f2723f2406a6882fbab...
N/A

Constant disconnections

I am experiencing exactly the same problems in the same circumstances. Says I am connected at 3.2mps but in reality 1.1. Not impressed - so far.
N/A

Constant disconnections

I've been having the same problem - my router error log looks awful, fill with VC congestion errors, then disconnections. I'm getting timeouts all over the place and connectivity is really random.

I put a call through just over 2 days ago, but have not had a remedy yet.

Like many others, I've had an e-mail about "Important News About Your Broadband" and have been put on a new tariff, but haven't had any notification that anything is about to change - the e-mail just says that it'll take place in "the coming months"....

Cheers,

M.
N/A

Constant disconnections

Come on Plusnet get your act together!!! You did have good scores for customer support but these are rapidly going downhill by the looks of these forums.

Tell us something, anything!!
N/A

Constant disconnections

I'm experiencing the same problem as you guy's, i haven't had any kind of notification of a max adsl upgrade, but it's really starting to chesse me off now, i lose connection on average every 2 min, tis needs to be resolved as we pay for this service.
N/A

Constant disconnections

I've had the same since Wednesday afternoon when I was disconnected and then my line synched at 6 or so Mbps (as opposed to 2Mbps). Ever since then, my modem has been losing sync from anything between a few seconds to around 10 minutes. During the evenings my adsl is completely unusable for anything other than very patient web-browsing inbetween disconnects. However, yesterday during the day my connection held up, and apparently it's been up for 3 hours today. It just makes evening online gaming and chat completely impossible.

I sent support a ticket, but they didn't seem to have a clue about the maxdsl upgrade process, and I just received a boilerplate 'is your modem plugged in, etc.' response - despite me going through the rigmarole of the online fault checker, AND mentioning I was going through the maxdsl upgrade process.
GersFans
Grafter

Constant disconnections

losing sync from anything between a few seconds to around 10 minutes. During the evenings my adsl is completely unusable for anything other than very patient web-browsing inbetween disconnects. However, yesterday during the day my connection held up, and apparently it's been up for 3 hours today. It just makes evening online gaming and chat completely impossible.

Yup this is the exact same as I am experiencing.

and I just received a boilerplate 'is your modem plugged in, etc.' response

Yup got that as well, suppose its PN's way of 'passing the buck' to BT.

As we can clearly see by the responses on here and just in this thread, there is obviously a major problem that PN are refusing to share with us.

So, a simple question to any PlusNet staff reading this; can you state that Plusnet are unaware of any fault in thier system that would be causing this?

And since tickets on this matter seem to be getting ignored now, is there any action being taken to rectify this fault/problem of disconnections?