cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections (question not a whine)

N/A

Hi guys I wonder if you can help me, I was transferred to MaxDSL a few months ago, I have had issues but no more than anyone else so im not blaming anyone for them. Lately I have had very high pings on gaming and get random disconnects, I compared notes with a friend who is on a fixed 512Mb line on Plusnet and we noticed that my SNR is a constant 3.5 downstream and 0 upstream, these 2 values rarely change (im connecting at 3120 down and 488 up)

His SNR was 16 downstream and 20 upstream, he is saying that his is a little high, but mine is so low thats its no wonder that im having problems.

So to my question, is my SNR too low and if it is what should I do about it to get it back to normal, also my pings to my WoW server are usually 200ms minimum, would having interleaving turned off help my ping, or would it cause more problems elsewhere?

Cheers for any answers

Paul
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: interleaving, I had mine turned off on Monday as online gaming has become impossible. I can't tell the difference. I don't know how you measure SNR (?), and my conn seems stable enough (supposedly the reason for this interleaving). I'd be interested to know how you get on, but don't get your hopes up too much!