cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections and slow speed

N/A

Is it going to be like this forever or is there a plan to improve the service around here? Last night I was trying to play a game with some friends and was disconnected every single match. That's the quality of service I've been receiving for weeks and the connection is going very slow.

Here are my speedtest results, currently on MaxDSL paying £22 a month for 'Premier' service.

Downstream 2,832.7 Kbps
Upstream 375.2 Kbps

In the past I've been able to get well over 4,500 Kbps, and to be honest the above figures look faster than they actually are. The main problem is the reliability and the very poor pings. I've tried looking for the Support Ticket submit page but can't find it on the site, probably is there but it's well hidden.

As someone who used to recommend Plus.net to friends and family I must say I highly regret doing so as most of them, including me, are not happy with the service. Some still haven't been upgraded after all this time and others aren't getting the service they are paying for.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Same here - just raised a ticket asking why I am getting disconnects, random speeds when I supposedly have 8mb (and my router does state it connects at that speed). As you say, speed doesn't really matter hugely as I mainly play World of Warcraft which needs reliability.

I also asked when they will start refunding subscription fees for failing to provide the services they offer at a persistent and reliable level! Wink
N/A

I also have the same issues with the connection just dropping. When will they fix this?