Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connexant Chips

N/A

Connexant Chips

Hi there,

Need a bit of advice.

I have read in several forums about problems/issues with Connexant based ADSL PCI modems.

Do these issues affect all Connexant based chips or just some.

I have just taken delivery of a quantity of MRI PCI modems with Connexant chips and need to clarify any issues b4 I get calls from irate customers. Needless to say the suppliers state that they are unaware of any probs.

As usual practicle experience is ten times better than sales pitch.

Look forward to any comments.

Thanks

Mark

7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connexant Chips

Hi Mark,

As an owner of the ADSL and PCI flavoured version of conexant I can say I have had no problems at all. The PCI version is in a Linux machine (Drivers was a HUGE problem but fine now) and the USN is plugged into an XP box and I have to say it is perhaps the least trouble-some device I have ever owned.

I might be the exception, but those are my experiences.

--
Si Wilson
> Hi there,
>
> Need a bit of advice.
>
> I have read in several forums about problems/issues with Connexant based ADSL PCI modems.
>
> Do these issues affect all Connexant based chips or just some.
>
> I have just taken delivery of a quantity of MRI PCI modems with Connexant chips and need to clarify any issues b4 I get calls from irate customers. Needless to say the suppliers state that they are unaware of any probs.
>
> As usual practicle experience is ten times better than sales pitch.
>
> Look forward to any comments.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
>
>

N/A

> Hi Mark,
>
> As an owner of the ADSL and PCI flavoured version of conexant I can say I have had no problems at all. The PCI version is in a Linux machine (Drivers was a HUGE problem but fine now) and the USN is plugged into an XP box and I have to say it is perhaps the least trouble-some device I have ever owned.
>
> I might be the exception, but those are my experiences.
>
>
>
> --
> Si Wilson
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Need a bit of advice.
> >
> > I have read in several forums about problems/issues with Connexant based ADSL PCI modems.
> >
> > Do these issues affect all Connexant based chips or just some.
> >
> > I have just taken delivery of a quantity of MRI PCI modems with Connexant chips and need to clarify any issues b4 I get calls from irate customers. Needless to say the suppliers state that they are unaware of any probs.
> >
> > As usual practicle experience is ten times better than sales pitch.
> >
> > Look forward to any comments.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mark
> >
> >
>
>

>
>
* Same here i have had no problems with the pci Connexant modem in fact it's very reliable.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi there,
>
> Need a bit of advice.
>
> I have read in several forums about problems/issues with Connexant based ADSL PCI modems.
>
> Do these issues affect all Connexant based chips or just some.
>
> I have just taken delivery of a quantity of MRI PCI modems with Connexant chips and need to clarify any issues b4 I get calls from irate customers. Needless to say the suppliers state that they are unaware of any probs.
>
> As usual practicle experience is ten times better than sales pitch.
>
> Look forward to any comments.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
>
>

Very Cheap and good if they work on your PC, never had problems with mine on 98se/2K Pro or XP Pro on VIA chipset's KT133 and KT333

But when they first came out alot of people did have IRQ issues, usually down to them being in the first or last PCI slot, so sharing with AGP etc
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> Hi Mark,
>
> As an owner of the ADSL and PCI flavoured version of conexant I can say I have had no problems at all. The PCI version is in a Linux machine (Drivers was a HUGE problem but fine now) and the USN is plugged into an XP box and I have to say it is perhaps the least trouble-some device I have ever owned.

I would be greatly interested to know what flavour of Linux you're using as I have had to abandon my efforts to ditch Windows due to lack of support for my A220 pci card and what hoops you had to jump through to get installed.
N/A

When you mention Conexant I think of crap, check out my review for more info...

http://www.consumer-reviews.co.uk/topic.asp?ReviewID=7174&SubCatID=104276&CategoryID=254&SubMainID=2...
N/A

Thanks for all your replies.

Bit of a mixed bag.

Snowy C, read your review and think that might have swung it for me.
If I remember correctly I think it was your post in this forum that brought the initial problems to my attentention.

Thanks again.

BTW anyone want a case of cheap ADSL modems.LOL

Mark
N/A

> When you mention Conexant I think of crap, check out my review for more info...
>
> http://www.consumer-reviews.co.uk/topic.asp?ReviewID=7174&SubCatID=104276&CategoryID=254&SubMainID=2...

Nice review. Sorry to hear the dabs value doesn't do it for you. I own this model and although it was very cheap, i've found it constantly reliable and have been recieving fantastic speeds for the six months its been in my machine, whick is also AMD/XP. Could be possible that dabs have changed suppliers, they seem to do that a lot.