cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections Fixed?

N/A

Connections Fixed?

I have sat on the edge of this forum of weeks now, tempted by the thought of 'high speed' internet and dissapointed by the various postings about the nightmares +Net ADSL users have had, so with my modem I stayed. Is it better now or should I look else where (Or hang on for while longer)? :confused
I like the +Net package and I like the price Smiley. Please help.
Drew
7 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

RE: Connections Fixed?

I have been with +Net for nearly 6 months. Personally I would recommend +Net DSL to anyone.

I prefer to choose my own hardware and I went for 'Self Install'. After BT did what they had to do my telephone line, I was installed and online within minutes. It went that smoothly you would have thought everything was covered in WD40.

The only 'outages' I have had was when they have actually been performing the upgrades to the system and that even that was not for very long. (much much less than it has appeared to have affected some other people).

One of the latest issues has been about online gaming. I play online games a lot and haven't had any of the problems others have experienced.

So, I for one, would recommend +Net's DSL service, as I have had no problems with it. Other's who have had the problems probably would not.

You decide...
N/A

I'd also recommend Plusnet. I think they are a very honest company and their customer support staff are always polite. Anyway they have had a few problems with speed but they are now sorted out and everything is blistering again.

Go for it!

Dave Allan
N/A

I maybe in the minority but my own experience with +nets ADSL is disapointing. New user for about a week and I have yet to experience the 'MAGIC' I keep losing connection and it sometimes takes hours to come back........
N/A

> I have sat on the edge of this forum of weeks now, tempted by the thought of 'high speed' internet and dissapointed by the various postings about the nightmares +Net ADSL users have had, so with my modem I stayed. Is it better now or should I look else where (Or hang on for while longer)? :confused
> I like the +Net package and I like the price Smiley. Please help.
>
> Drew

Have been with Plusnet for 3 weeks now and have had very few problems. Once I had sorted out the MTU values I'm downloading at 540kbps and up at 280kbps.
Community Veteran

> I maybe in the minority but my own experience with +nets ADSL is disapointing. New user for about a week and I have yet to experience the 'MAGIC' I keep losing connection and it sometimes takes hours to come back........

I think John that unfortunately you are in a minority. I have been with plus net for over 2 years and went ADSL back in Jan/Feb this year.
I have had a good solid connection with fast speeds apart from the period when they had mis-judged the take up rate anfd the first pipe became conjested.
But instalation of a new "Fat-Pipe" seemed to cure that and I can not really complain about the service that I have received so far with them.

My only real moan is the slowness of this portal which compared with mosty other sites that you visit seems to have lead boots on? I do wish that they could rewrite the software to get it up to a decent speed.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Have been with +Net 1.5 yrs some of it on unmetered, unfortunately my DSL experience has been pants for the last 6 months from the various problems with loss of synch for 10 days of no access at all (BT's Fault in this case), BT routers not being up to the job to the fat pipes being over crowded, then the major speed slowdowns on upstream and now the outages, i have suffered from every one of them, im a heavy gamer so im always monitoring my connection, plus i run a games server as well or did, havent been able to run it reliably for 6 weeks now, leaving Plusnet as soon as i can, i just hope i'll have a decent connection with no more problems for the last few months of my contract.
I certainly cant recommend +Net DSL.
Ali
N/A

At the end of the day, if you get ADSL, the infrastructure has to be provided by BT and 9 times out of 10 they are responsible for any problems.

At least with plusnet you are only paying £22.99 a month when BT decide bollox everything up. Imagine how annoyed you'd be if you were paying £30!!

plusnet have had problems but as has been said they are mostly due to being a victim of their own success. However, the support page always has regular updates when there are problems/upgrades so you are not kept in the dark.

The referals programme is a big plus (excuse pun). I just can't wait for the day when they start paying me to use ADSL! Wink