cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection unexpected interruption

N/A

For the past two, maybe three weeks my internet connection drops every time I get a phone call, or I make a call. I can, however, immediately dial in again even during phone calls.

I do not get any other disconnections, except when the phone is being used. Performance has not changed, possibly even slightly faster.

Worked fine for about 4 months previously, no changes in equipment or settings.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Wolf
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are all your phones connected via ADSL filter/splitters? This includes faxes, 56k modems and Sky boxes. If not, they must all be filtered.

Are you connecting your ADSL modem through a filter/splitter? If not you should do. This has solved a similar problem before.

Also try different filter/splitters, especially the one used for the ADSL modem.

Does the same thing happen if the ADSL modem is connected to the master socket?

Cheers

Peter Cool
N/A

>>Are all your phones connected via ADSL filter/splitters?<<
Yes

>>Are you connecting your ADSL modem through a filter/splitter?<<
Also yes

ADSL is connected to the master socket.

I must have a spare filter somewhere - will try that tomorrow.
It's just really strange because I did not experience these problems at all until about 2 or 3 weeks ago - and there were no changes to equipment and settings.

Wolf
N/A

Sounds like a faulty filter to me. If you could try with the spare one that would help eliminate the problems.
N/A

I have changed the microfilter and today (Friday) everything seemed to work okay. It probably was only that.

Thanks for the help.

Wolf
Wolf's Photography Portfolio