cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection settings

N/A

Connection settings

Can plus net please explain the usage in Connection settings. When they talked about the Fair Usage Policy the usage showed only downloads and mine was fine. It now seems that the Connection settings has changed and now counts uploads as well.

This adds a lot onto my usage naturally so now I am close to my limit.

What happens now if you go over your limit as it seems to have changed since the FUP.

Why suddenly go back to counting uploads as well?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Connection settings

I wonder why Plus net are not answering this post as I have post a simliar question and it remains unanswered?
N/A

Re: Connection settings

Can plus net please explain the usage in Connection settings. When they talked about the Fair Usage Policy the usage showed only downloads and mine was fine. It now seems that the Connection settings has changed and now counts uploads as well.

This adds a lot onto my usage naturally so now I am close to my limit.

What happens now if you go over your limit as it seems to have changed since the FUP.

Why suddenly go back to counting uploads as well?

Chemzyne, what package are you on exactly? Only as far as I can understand PN have now removed the FU policy as they have instead decided to charge for the 4mb and 8mb line speeds.
Community Veteran

Connection settings

As far as I know plusnet never stopped counting upload, when they tried to roll out the new VMU software for the FUP it didn't work, so they reverted back to the old software. A week later the FUP was scrapped.
N/A

Connection settings

When they started to do the FUP they changed to only counting downloads and uploads werent counted. In that period my usage was 17 gig approx a month. I choose my package based on thos figures. Now my usage is 29 gig which is still under my 30 gig limit just.

What I want to know is what happens now if we go over our limit and why have they changed the goal posts?
N/A

Connection settings

Not being funny, I don't profess to know the details of literally every PlusNet package, but are you sure that you do actually have a 30 GB limit?
I'm on PAYG, so maybe I've missed something relating to other accounts, but I though that when they scrapped the idea of FUP, they scrapped the proposed limits too.
N/A

Connection settings

When they started to do the FUP they changed to only counting downloads and uploads werent counted. In that period my usage was 17 gig approx a month. I choose my package based on thos figures. Now my usage is 29 gig which is still under my 30 gig limit just.

What I want to know is what happens now if we go over our limit and why have they changed the goal posts?

You have no 30 gig limit.
N/A

Connection settings

I know I have a 30 gig limit but that now counts uploads which means i get very close to the limit and have to stop using the net for 3 or 4 days to keep to the limit.

When only uploads were shown my downloads were 17 gig which meant I didnt have to stop downloading for 4 days.

What happens if we go over the limit say one month its 33gig?
N/A

Connection settings

Mwright,
I know I have a 30 gig limit but that now counts uploads which means i get very close to the limit and have to stop using the net for 3 or 4 days to keep to the limit.

When only uploads were shown my downloads were 17 gig which meant I didnt have to stop downloading for 4 days.

What happens if we go over the limit say one month its 33gig?

The best advise I could give you is that if you are on a premier package and you are concerned that you still have a bw limit applied, then contact pn and raise the issue with support. This limit should have been removed when they decided to scrap the FUP.
holdtight
Grafter

Connection settings

Yes but nothing was ever said about it it just went by the by like a lot of things have done hence the confusion, i was also still under the impression that uploads were not counted

maybe we can have a confirmation of this from +net please
N/A

Connection settings

I thought that FUP was still happening, but not until PN worked out how to get the 'my usage' page calculations figured out.
We really could do with some clarification PN - stop the chinese whispers Smiley