cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection probs

N/A

Connection probs

I don't mean the geezer you know down the pub.
Anyone else got this:

I have an AR11 router.I had a connection this morning. I do not have a connection now.

I can not connect to plusnet adsl using my username $$$$$$@plusdsl.net.
I can not connect to plusnet adsl using bt_test@plusdsl.net.
I can connect to plusnet adsl using bt_test@startup_domain.
What is wrong?
--
(OO)
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connection probs

> (OO)

Anyone else in the family plugged in a phone in one of your other extensions? Suggest you unplug all phones/faxes/sky boxes in your house and then try to connect without any filters.

If you can connect, then maybe its a filter gone kapput.
N/A

> > (OO)
>
> Anyone else in the family plugged in a phone in one of your other extensions? Suggest you unplug all phones/faxes/sky boxes in your house and then try to connect without any filters.
>
> If you can connect, then maybe its a filter gone kapput.

Cheers, I will try that....
--
(OO)
N/A

> > (OO)
>
> Anyone else in the family plugged in a phone in one of your other extensions? Suggest you unplug all phones/faxes/sky boxes in your house and then try to connect without any filters.
>
> If you can connect, then maybe its a filter gone kapput.

No phones are plugged in and I've changed my microfilter. Still no joy. I raised this with Plusnet yesterday @ 18:25. They have not even looked at my problem yet...

--
(OO)
N/A

I currently have a ticket with plusnet. Everything was fine, about a week ago internet access simply stopped. I can access the plusnet pages with no problem at all. If I try another website, I reach it however nothing is downloaded. Basically my upload is perfect, my download is sh*t. I have tried removing all other devices etc. I believe it may either be a routing issue or BT. Anyway still waiting 1 week now.
To look on the plus side, it does force you to explore what is offered in the plusnet site ....:-)

N/A

> I currently have a ticket with plusnet. Everything was fine, about a week ago internet access simply stopped. I can access the plusnet pages with no problem at all. If I try another website, I reach it however nothing is downloaded. Basically my upload is perfect, my download is sh*t. I have tried removing all other devices etc. I believe it may either be a routing issue or BT. Anyway still waiting 1 week now.
> To look on the plus side, it does force you to explore what is offered in the plusnet site ....:-)
>
>
I too have had browsing probs. DNS config ok? Should be:
Anyhows, my problem has been resolved by divine intervention. (No-one else has done anything).
I have pasted my one way conversation to Plusnet below.
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Connection Problem]
[ADSL Troubleshooter]
[Hardware Bundle]
[Circuit in synch - YES]
[Can logon to own username - NO]
[Login to bt_test_user@realm - NO]
[Login to bt_test@startup_domain - YES]
[Possible SSB data issue - report to BT]
[Additional Information]
I have an AR11 router.I had a connection this morning. I do not have a connection now.

I can not connect to plusnet adsl using my username %username%@plusdsl.net.
I can not connect to plusnet adsl using bt_test@plusdsl.net.
I can connect to plusnet adsl using bt_test@startup_domain.
What is wrong?

Open
2002-12-14
11:12:24 Comment By: You
When I raised this problem I was notified to having to wait at least 12 hours before anyone even looked at my problem. It has been longer than that now. Please can someone resolve the issue I have! Open

2002-12-14
14:58:03 Comment By: You
When I went through your online wizard earlier I could not connect to ADSL via my router using %username%@plusdsl.net or bt_test_user@plusdsl.net. I could connect using bt_test@startup_domain.
I have tried this wizard again 5 mins ago. Now I can connect using bt_test_user@plusdsl.net & bt_test@startup_domain but not connect using %username%@plusdsl.net and MY password.
If I was connected for 5 days with no downtime and I went to work, when I came home I had no connection even when I restarted my router (soft boot), why does your wizard now tell me I have a router configuration problem? Please can you resolve this issue because it is coming up to a full 24 hrs. Oh and by the way, I have borrowed my mates microfilter and I have nothing at all plugged into my phone line except my router.

Open
2002-12-14
16:39:02 Comment By: You
I have just rebooted my router (again) and now I have a connection. Why have I been without broadband access for the last 22 hrs?

--
(OO)