cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

N/A

Connection problems

Hi. I have just signed up for the bb and having problems with connection. Firstly, I can connect happily from either the BT master socket or the secondary socket if no other phone is connected (see below)

However, if a phone is plugged in the secondary socket or if a phone is plugged into the microfilter then i'm unable to connect (see below)

Any solutions to my problem? I thought you could go online as well as use the phone at the same time?Huh
10 REPLIES
N/A

Connection problems

Hi,

it isnt clear from your post, do you have a filter on all phone sockets?

Failing that try different filters. You may have a dodgy one.
N/A

Connection problems

I only use 1 adsl filter on the master wall socket.

I've been supplied with 2 adsl filters but the same things happens with both.
N/A

Connection problems

Hi,

You should have a filter in each phone socket or you will experience issues similar to what you are seeing.

try that and if you are still having issues, post back.
N/A

Connection problems

Even though there are no phones in the secondary socket, I must still plug the adsl filter in both?

OK, worth a try. I'll try it after work and let you know.

Thanks
N/A

Connection problems

Bear in mind any sky boxes which may be connected to the phone line. These also need filtered.
N/A

Connection problems

OK, it worked. Basically, I need to have an ADSL filter in every socket that has a peripheral plugged in.

Thanks again!
N/A

Connection problems

Glad your sorted. have fun.
LiamM
Grafter

Connection problems

OK, it worked. Basically, I need to have an ADSL filter in every socket that has a peripheral plugged in.

Yes, thats correct. You need this to stop any noise from your voice line interfering with your broadband line (as they travel across the same cable). You will need a microfilter plugged into any other telephone equipment you have.
N/A

Connection problems

ADSL is not affected by a phone, and can work quite happily without a filter. As a matter of fact, the ADSL element of the filter is just a straight pass-through. The filters are required to keep the high frequencies off the phone and related equipment.
A common problem is that when extension lines that include the ADSL point are plugged, rather than wired direct, into the master socket and a phone on the master is then filtered, the ADSL point is filtered also.

A H
chymorva
Grafter

Connection problems

I am sorry selectronics, but ADSL is affected by a phone. Any equipment that uses ordinary speech frequencies (phone, fax, dial-up modem, Sky box, etc...) must be isolated using a filter. This is because ordinary speech frequency equipment will attenuate the ADSL signal when in use. ADSL equipment will work quite happily without a filter as long as nothing else is plugged into that socket.