cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

N/A

Connection problems

Anyone having problems with connections?. Last night, we left the machines on to do a download. Came to look this morn and ADSL had turned off.

Came on half an hour ago, and ADSL was off although we had left the machines on, took about 10 retries to get on again.

I play Everquet and as you can imagine being disconected for no reason is a bit of a pain
17 REPLIES
fidgetingferdie
Grafter

RE: Connection problems

I have been having problem from just about the time you posted this message, 17-ish.
I have checked the Service Status page and apparently they do have some problems... guess the only thing to do is just wait...
Funny enough I can browse *SOME* Web sites like the portal and Google and not others, Yahoo for example, and can't get email at all.
Hope it all get sorted out soon Sad

> Anyone having problems with connections?. Last night, we left the machines on to do a download. Came to look this morn and ADSL had turned off.
>
> Came on half an hour ago, and ADSL was off although we had left the machines on, took about 10 retries to get on again.
>
> I play Everquet and as you can imagine being disconected for no reason is a bit of a pain

--
BlabLablAblabla (!)
N/A

I've got the same symptoms - some web sites available (like this one). Interestingly, the sites I can get to are really quicker than normal. Perhaps this is due to less people being connected due to the problems.

Julian

> I have been having problem from just about the time you posted this message, 17-ish.
> I have checked the Service Status page and apparently they do have some problems... guess the only thing to do is just wait...
> Funny enough I can browse *SOME* Web sites like the portal and Google and not others, Yahoo for example, and can't get email at all.
> Hope it all get sorted out soon Sad
>
>
> > Anyone having problems with connections?. Last night, we left the machines on to do a download. Came to look this morn and ADSL had turned off.
> >
> > Came on half an hour ago, and ADSL was off although we had left the machines on, took about 10 retries to get on again.
> >
> > I play Everquet and as you can imagine being disconected for no reason is a bit of a pain
>
>
>
> --
> BlabLablAblabla (!)

N/A

> I've got the same symptoms - some web sites available (like this one)

I cant seem to get into hotmail or ebayHuh
anyone elseHuh?
fidgetingferdie
Grafter

No not here, pretty much the same speed, but now it seems I have lost Google too, and gained WinAmp, it would be funny if it isn't so annoying Smiley

Where are you calling from? I am in London, I was wondering if this is a general fault or localised...

> I've got the same symptoms - some web sites available (like this one). Interestingly, the sites I can get to are really quicker than normal. Perhaps this is due to less people being connected due to the problems.
>
> Julian
>
> > I have been having problem from just about the time you posted this message, 17-ish.
> > I have checked the Service Status page and apparently they do have some problems... guess the only thing to do is just wait...
> > Funny enough I can browse *SOME* Web sites like the portal and Google and not others, Yahoo for example, and can't get email at all.
> > Hope it all get sorted out soon Sad
> >
> >
> > > Anyone having problems with connections?. Last night, we left the machines on to do a download. Came to look this morn and ADSL had turned off.
> > >
> > > Came on half an hour ago, and ADSL was off although we had left the machines on, took about 10 retries to get on again.
> > >
> > > I play Everquet and as you can imagine being disconected for no reason is a bit of a pain
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > BlabLablAblabla (!)
>
>

--
BlabLablAblabla (!)
N/A

> Where are you calling from? I am in London, I was wondering if this is a general fault or localised...

South London
N/A

>
> > Where are you calling from? I am in London, I was wondering if this is a general fault or localised...
>
>
> South London

Im in Manchester so it isnt just a down south thing
N/A

im in southampton. Very frustrated at the mo!!!!!
:angryfire
fidgetingferdie
Grafter

Know the feeling mate!

has this happened before?
I am new to +net and so far had nothing to complain about.

Also has anyone tried to send emails? I can send but can't receive.
And to finish any news from Support?

> im in southampton. Very frustrated at the mo!!!!!
> :angryfire

--
BlabLablAblabla (!)
N/A

Same problem here. I can get to some websites for example this one, which is convinient, but not hotmail, which isn't convinient but rather annoying.
N/A

Hi All !,

Don't think it's localised. I'm in Northumberland (15 miles north of Newcastle) ... same probs up here too folks !.

Can't get my incoming EMails (via Outlook Express) ... won't conect.

Can't get all Web Sites ... some only partially loading.

Ah well, maybe Plus.Net will give us a refund Huh?.

John Balmer

> No not here, pretty much the same speed, but now it seems I have lost Google too, and gained WinAmp, it would be funny if it isn't so annoying Smiley
>
> Where are you calling from? I am in London, I was wondering if this is a general fault or localised...
>
> > I've got the same symptoms - some web sites available (like this one). Interestingly, the sites I can get to are really quicker than normal. Perhaps this is due to less people being connected due to the problems.
> >
> > Julian
> >
> > > I have been having problem from just about the time you posted this message, 17-ish.
> > > I have checked the Service Status page and apparently they do have some problems... guess the only thing to do is just wait...
> > > Funny enough I can browse *SOME* Web sites like the portal and Google and not others, Yahoo for example, and can't get email at all.
> > > Hope it all get sorted out soon Sad
> > >
> > >
> > > > Anyone having problems with connections?. Last night, we left the machines on to do a download. Came to look this morn and ADSL had turned off.
> > > >
> > > > Came on half an hour ago, and ADSL was off although we had left the machines on, took about 10 retries to get on again.
> > > >
> > > > I play Everquet and as you can imagine being disconected for no reason is a bit of a pain
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > BlabLablAblabla (!)
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> BlabLablAblabla (!)

--
N/A

> has this happened before?
> I am new to +net and so far had nothing to complain about.
>

I've been with plusnet for about 7 months now and have so far found it pretty good. There have been service outages from time to time, but no more so than I've had with any other ISP (this is my first ISP on ADSL).
fidgetingferdie
Grafter

Bah! I would settle for a working line now *sigh*

BTW if you want to have a laugh you might check out google's newsgroups, this is the only thing working so far for me...

>
> Hi All !,
>
> Don't think it's localised. I'm in Northumberland (15 miles north of Newcastle) ... same probs up here too folks !.
>
> Can't get my incoming EMails (via Outlook Express) ... won't conect.
>
> Can't get all Web Sites ... some only partially loading.
>
> Ah well, maybe Plus.Net will give us a refund Huh?.
>
> John Balmer
>
> > No not here, pretty much the same speed, but now it seems I have lost Google too, and gained WinAmp, it would be funny if it isn't so annoying Smiley
> >
> > Where are you calling from? I am in London, I was wondering if this is a general fault or localised...
> >
> > > I've got the same symptoms - some web sites available (like this one). Interestingly, the sites I can get to are really quicker than normal. Perhaps this is due to less people being connected due to the problems.
> > >
> > > Julian
> > >
> > > > I have been having problem from just about the time you posted this message, 17-ish.
> > > > I have checked the Service Status page and apparently they do have some problems... guess the only thing to do is just wait...
> > > > Funny enough I can browse *SOME* Web sites like the portal and Google and not others, Yahoo for example, and can't get email at all.
> > > > Hope it all get sorted out soon Sad
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Anyone having problems with connections?. Last night, we left the machines on to do a download. Came to look this morn and ADSL had turned off.
> > > > >
> > > > > Came on half an hour ago, and ADSL was off although we had left the machines on, took about 10 retries to get on again.
> > > > >
> > > > > I play Everquet and as you can imagine being disconected for no reason is a bit of a pain
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > BlabLablAblabla (!)
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > BlabLablAblabla (!)
>
>
>
> --
>

--
BlabLablAblabla (!)
N/A

Are people still having problems connecting to certain websites?

N/A

> Are people still having problems connecting to certain websites?

Yes - getting frustrated