cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problem

N/A

Connection problem

Having problems with my connection being dropped every 10 to 15 minutes since this morning

Any one else Huh
14 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connection problem

> Having problems with my connection being dropped every 10 to 15 minutes since this morning
>
> Any one else Huh

More like every 5 mins! 'Always on' must mean something else!!
N/A

RE: Connection problem

im having the same thing with dailup atm but only at certain times of the night and not always at the same time, it really p***es me off ( for want of a better word) now im currently waiting on ADSL activation now if the adsl is the same i will cancelling it straight away.
its been going on like this for months, it possibly BTs fault ( i have asked them but talking and walls come to mind )
i havnt started a ticket about it maybe i should.

Richard Prydden
phyhhe
Grafter

Constant disconnections

Have been having the same problems except I can go for a couple of hours with no problems and then keep losing connection. Very annoying as Service Status says all ok.

I've been quite happy with plusnet for the last few months but then again my connection was excellent and its now intermittent Sad
N/A

Connection problem

i had my DSL activated on thursday and all has been great untill now about 23:30 saterday night , now its droppping every 2 mins as im typing this. i dont know if its a BT problem or Plusnet as plusnets service status says ok and BT wont tell you anything bcos they are clueless assholes.
If someone who knows what he is talking about could help in this it would be nice...
N/A

Connection problem

BT Are not "Clueless assholes". Assholes have a purpose in life :lol:

Have you tried powering down your equipment for upoto 1/2 hour
N/A

Connection problem

lol
I have however just rebooted "again" and for 10 mins now its been ok.
one side note i have a BT phone ( cordless jobby Quartet 1500 ) in the other room with built in answer phone, now there is "no" filter on that socket for the phone and there was a new message on it could this be the cause ?

i need to get a filter anyway just hoping this may cause it, i checked the messages on the phone and apart from the reboot thats all ive done.
N/A

Connection problem

Would also be worth checking the filters. If you need another make sure you buy a decent one and swap it for the one on the modem. Ofter naff filters can cause this dropping in and out. As mentioned already, if you haven't done it yet turn off your modem and physically unplug it from the phone line for AT LEAST 30 minutes. This will reset your line card at your local exchange. If all that fails time for a ticket, I fear Cry
N/A

Connection problem

This is a possibility.

While it is on the hook, there is no reason for anything to be happening with it. Yet, unfiltered phones cause this.

Next time you see this activity, try unpluggint his phone, and see if this fixes it.
Ianwild
Grafter

Connection problem

Hi themarshalls,

Your avatar is too big! Any chance you can reduce the size a bit - the limit is 80 x 80 and yours is 127 x 181 ...

Many Thanks,
N/A

Connection problem

yes ill unplug the phone next time it starts doing it, btw its been fine now since .

thx
N/A

Connection problem

well it still does it but not at any specific time of night or day ,basically when it feels like and resetting the connection at the exchange does cure it for a while so my guess is it is a fault at the exchange of some kind( but i still havnt tried better filters yet )
on a side note a friend of mine has BTO DSL and it has never dropped his connection since he's had it, so maybe BT is giving there customers priority somehow ? just a thought probably completely off base hehe
LastRoMan
Grafter

Connection problem

A thought ocurred to me that BT may not have the full capacity and somehow switch us from time to time to a better or worse connection - or am I just getting into 'conspiracy theory'?!

I can go for days with no problems with a real 'always on' connection - for 16 hours stretch or else coming off-line 6 or 7 times a day with an 'always on' ADSL connect.

Then I go for days it seems with an intermittent link - ding..ding...ding..ding... ad infinitum. All this stuff about filters, primary sockets, re-booting, new drivers seems a total waste of time if all functions A1 - then suddenly goes awry - to come back sound inside 2 weeks, without having done anything to the operating system or settings.

Another point is that while I am actually on-line the connection rarely gets dropped - yet I have to wait sometimes 3 hours to get a sufficiently stable ADSL link to actually get on line.

It just does not make any logical sense - which is bizarre when you think computing is meant to be just that 'logical.' :? :? :?
N/A

Connection problem

Same problem here...And i have been getting quite a lot of errors...i will be fine for hours...and again it drops..unsynchronises and then corrects itself..and i can login again..sometimes i then get nowhere and have to discon and relogin and its fine!

when i contacted plusnet they went through the usual crap..although i have been there done that..they even suggested i get a dialup modem and do a test with that...before they would even progress the problem for godsake!!! I dont even have a modem anymore..this is why i switched over to adsl!!!

grr makes me angry as it was good for a while...then they do something and bang! its up the creek again!!!!
N/A

Connection problem

DSL is a strange thing and still relatively new technology on old phone lines.
It may seem a silly suggestion, but is it raining when you get the drop outs??
Poor or corroded connections on the line between you and the exchange could be what is at fault.
Before DSL was installed, I complained to BT of very poor phone quality. They came and replaced the master socket and line to the nearest telegraph pole.That cured the poor phone quality.
Since DSL, my standard phone quality has been apalling, despite good quality filters. DSL has been faultless with (latest figures from router) 13days since last drop out.