cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection lost...

N/A

Connection lost...

Okay, and help on this would be appreciated.

I'm using a Binatone ADSL 500 USB model, WinXP (firewall off), and for the most part the internet is fine. But when I run Overnet, or eDonkey, the connection is lost frequently (every fifteen minutes or so), auto reconnect doesn't connect, and the only way to get it to reconnect is to restart the link (using the gsicon.exe program to retrin the signal). The link light on th modem ramains on and the status still reports it ready and synch'd.

I know it can't be a USB power problem, as I can play online games for hours without any connection loss, and leave my machine on all night downloading massive files from fileplanet.

So, can anyone give me a reason for this? Or, does anyone know a way to restart the modem linkautomatically periodically, or using a script?

Cheers to anyone who can help.
2 REPLIES
AMB
Grafter

Connection lost...

Do you mean that Edonkey or Overnet pops up a little box saying "Connection Lost" or do you mean that after 15 minutes of running one of these programs, your connection really does drop and you can no-longer pull any web-pages up, connect to FTP servers and so forth?
N/A

Connection lost...

Yes, the whole connection drops, and the dial-up dialogue pops up counting in for a redail (which wont work unless I restart the modem link).