cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection icon in sys tray? (Binatone ADSL 500 modem)

N/A

Hi,

Just a quick question:

Am I supposed to have some kind of system tray icon to show me when my PC is online? I'm using the Binatone ADSL 500 modem but there's no indication when I'm online (except for the LED's on the modem itself). I thought I'd read somewhere that there's supposed to be a tray icon.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It is often an optional setting which is normally enabled for old style 56k dialup connections but not for network corrections as your ADSL will be treated. What is your windows version?

NOTE: ADSL is an always on connection. It is not like 56k modems where it connects each time you want to communicate on the internet so you will always have an icon if you enable it so that is why there is no need for one..

For XP, if you have a My Network Places, right click on the desktop icon and select properties (or click start, My Network Places, then network connections from the left menu). Then right click on your ADSL connection and select properties. Tick the show icon in notifiaction area and you will get your icon.

Cheers

Peter Cool
N/A

Yes I'm on XP, btw. The reason I asked is because I thought it was supposed to show the icon by default, I didn't realize it was optional. Maybe I misread some info. OK thank Peter. Smiley
holdtight
Grafter

There should be a tray icon installed as default
for that modem, if its not there you could look at your
startup in msconfig to see if its deselected and put a tick
next to it
its called GSIcon.exe you can also find it in you Binatone program folder
have a look in task manager it should be running
if its not try reinstalling the software