cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection going down

fatshady

Connection going down

Is anyone else being booted of their plus net connection every few minutes during weekdays and the evenings.

I had my connection upgraded to 2mb, but what was the point - i now can't connect half the time. It seems everytime my connection is not running for a few seconds I get chucked off.

What use is that when I am trying to host a webserver?

Anyone else found the same? Btw - I'm on the 2mb premier service (£21.99 a month!)
18 REPLIES
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Connection going down

If it's only started happening since your upgrade, it could well be because your line isn't capable of supporting 2meg, even though BT said it did.

I had the same problems after my upgrade and had to get moved back down to 1 meg.

All you can do is raise a ticket............and be patient.
N/A

connection dropping out

I'm having same problems with my Plus net connection. Recently its started to throw me off every 5 minutes or so. If I wait long enough it comes back on but often quicker rebooting modem/router.

I'm using a Belkin modem/router and have updated firmware but having same problems.

Any ideas?

Jag7t
fatshady

Router Issues

It appears I was having router issues (although it could be too soon to speak)...

I changed my router two nights ago from a Solwise SAR-110 (the router plusnet supplied when I signed up) to a Netgear DG834G, and as yet I have not had it drop the connection.

However I've not used it that much in the evenings yet, which is when the problems happened.
N/A

Connection going down

The same thing is happening to me! I swapped my line filters as suggested by NetPlus Help and this has improved matters but not solved them. Anyone got any bright ideas?
N/A

Connection going down

I think i might have the same problem, every now and then my internet will just kick me and will try to get a sync for about 5 mins and then will work for a while and does the same thing
N/A

Connection going down

Hi,

there are many things which will cause disconnects. Dodgy or insuficient filters. Poor internal wiring. Electrical (RF) interference and line quality, to name a few.

If your modem / router provides line stats then this would give an indication as to line quality.

Some of the tutorials from the usertools site would be worth reading, especially the troubleshooting guide.
N/A

Connection going down

Similar disconnection problems for me too - for some time now. Many of the posts here and elsewhere refer to diagnostics using modem line stats. Does anyone know if the Voyager 105 as supplied by Plusnet provides such stats? I suspect not.
N/A

Connection Interruption

It happened 1 yesterday; 3 times this morning. NEVER before this since I upgraded to broadband in November 2004.

I have just disconnected my phone line from the router for 30 mins. Re-connected and logged on. I am very curious to find out why!
N/A

Same...

Also had issues. Major problems on 07/07/2005, but not really since then except for once today. My line just drops and loses sync for a minute or two. Annoying...
N/A

Connection going down

I posted a message a few weeks ago, about disconnecting problem. Since then, I never had that problem until now. In the last 3 days, its back. I got disconnected at least 4 times a day.

I had broanband with AOL and Freedom2surf in the same house, same line, same router and It works fine. Get disconnected probably once a month.

Now the question is

PLUS NET, ARE YOU HIDING SOMETHING?
DO YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME MONEY TO UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM?
Community Veteran

Connection going down

Now the question is

Are you losin sync or being dissconnected just from PN?

Plus net have pages full of stats about how busy the network is toruble is i can't remember where!
Alecto
Grafter

Connection going down

Start at this page for details of problems, links to system use stats etc.
N/A

Connection going down

what I notice is,

Sometimes the router will show its connected, but I can surf the net, I would need to wait for a 1 or so min before I can surf again.

/or I get disconnected so I need to connect again. Would take a few try.

I believe the problem lies with Plus net, because I was fine with AOL and Freedom2surf. (using the same line and hardware). Also, A week ago everything was fine, never had any disconnection problem. I though Plus Net fix the problem.

I will try to use a modem instead of the router, just in case its my router.
N/A

Connection going down

No they are not. if there were a general network problem thousands of people would be affected. Your recurring problem is most likely local or Exchange / line related.

Follow the advice given previously and read the tutorials and faq's for an understanding of possible problems.