cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection from my exchange

N/A

Having worked previously for a well known .com e-tailer in a former employment, I know how hellish a customer can feel when your not prioity 1 at all times. Especially when the service provider has everyone of it customers wanting attention immediately.
I have had my equipment for about 2 weeks now, and although have tried it all out, still get no further than the green light of death (Microsoft pun) on the modem. Signifying that the modem is connected to the USB port. Okay so this novelty has now worn off. Smiley

Something I noticed in the activation process, a slight annomily, one might say. But the BT side of the activation procedure was due to take place on the thursday afternoon, but I was informed it had taken place on the wednesday. Hmmm, BT working within their SLA ??

In another forum topic, whislt searching for an answer myself to a possible cure to my lack of ADSL life,someone had said that 'Plus.net' have no control over the connection between the Exchange and my telephone socket.
Which immediatly started the alarm bells ringing. Hyperthetically, what benefit would BT gain by not actually doing their part of the connection procedure. None that I know of, unless anyone else knows. :?:

I have a friend of mine who has been trying for 4 months to get a business extension put in, and you would really baulk at the cost of that. Could BT have a massive backlog of work.

BTW still using BT dial-up service.... runs out soon though, so at least will be able to use Plus.NET's dialup solution until the link has been sorted. Cost nearly the same, as premier !!

I assume like PlusNet I am now dependant on BT's manual checking process It does infuriate me though, that when you recieve an email saying you are activated, it does not guarentee that you actually are. :twisted:

Okay so what if I now want to back out - can't. Unless pay a staggering £109 fee.
I should have started my own ISP years ago, it is a licence to print money. Oh and should of bought shares in BP and Esso.

God I hope its not the hardware (looks like unlabelled BT stuff....hmmm.)
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Doesn't make any sense to sit and wait if you've been told you've got broadband working.

I'd ring Pn on 0845 1400200 and ask them what's going on.

In general, as you know, he who sits and waits is ignored.
N/A

Too true, the more you make a fuss, the quicker they want to get shot of you.
Well could'nt wait any longer, gave PlusNet another call to let them know I'd taken 2 days off work to sit at home and have the machine powered on to resolve this problem. Think that was about 3pm.
Result, have now got 2 lights to look at on the modem, just got to go find that thread 'post' in here somewhere that said why you might have a problem with the username and password if left too long before logging on for the first time.
I know it can be frustrating, but sometimes a prayer and a bit of will power see you through.
Thanks for the advice.

Peter
N/A

That makes sense close connection, and start a new one.

Hmmm.... wow :shock:

Hey, Cool

Hey remeber the first time, saw a cd movie on your PC, well just downloaded Google:Earth and got it running in about 2 minutes flat. Then done the superman meteor fly in to the USA.

Cool

Cool, am blown away by this. Roll on 8 Meg.
BTW done a test and running about 1.58 Meg, so would expect download speed for a program of about half this, but then again got to factor in where its coming from and all that, anyway its must be 200 times faster at least of the usual 1 to 3 kbytes per second of dial up.

Bring it on.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

Congratulations.
A testament to the power of not sitting waiting. Tongue

Hope you enjoy it.