cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops usually after midnight????

N/A

Hi,i have notice during the past few days my routers signal has dropped aftermidnight,causing a disconnection from the internet and ending all tasks i am doing online...this is espescially the case with MSN messenger. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and knew of a solution...i have checked and the nosie margin and atenuation is all ok,so i was thinking could it be plusnet's service...cuz ive heard all the probems people are havingregarding line dropping and stuff.
6 REPLIES
N/A

mine has been doing this for sometime!! but also drops of in the daytime, sometimes it does not even connect.

I have just installed a netgear router but this has not inproved it at all!!

I have tried to call PN but no human being to talk too!

WHAT CAN WE DO TO SORT THIS?

It was OK before I got upgraded to 8mb was told this would would happen for 10-14 days but has been doing it for 6 weeks or so.

HELP HELP HELP
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Have you checked the noise margin and error rate after midnight.
Mine always gets worse after dark and after midnight is usually when the errors are greatest and the snr lowest
N/A

i have checked the noise margin and stuff but its all the same...i have no idea why this happens...i will try to ask PN about it, but i usually dont feel like i would get anywhere...what makes it even more bizarre is that i havent even been upgraded to 8MB yet..im stil on 2MB *SIGH*, tho the speeds are stable..
Community Veteran

Is it possible to monitor the error rate on your router.
I found that it would resynch with quite a good snr if there were too many errors
N/A

hmm how would i check for an error rate? i dont know THAT mcuha bout my router...its a Belkin Wireless 54g...n i dont see any error rate...
Community Veteran

I don't know personally but have a look here and it may help http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm