cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping

N/A

Connection dropping

My connection has been cutting out every few minutes for the past 4 days.Has anyone else had this problem ? :?
57 REPLIES
pcorker
Grafter

Connection dropping

Nope!
Any problems before the 4 days?
Changed anything on computer or remade phone connections?
Checked exchange ?
Corded phone alone into master socket .Noisy?
Pat
N/A

Connection dropping

yep but not as regular as u ,mine about 3 or 4 times a day
N/A

Connection dropping

The exchange status is on red so maybe the problem is with them.Thanks for your help.
N/A

Connection dropping

I've been having the same problems too. The connection will just drop and I can't seem to figure out why. I seem to be restarting my connection about 3 or 4 times a day.

In an attempt to pinpoint the problem, I've left the "Alarms" section of my router refreshing in a seperate browser every 10 seconds, so at least I can get some sort of diagnostic.

M.
N/A

Connection dropping

six restarts in total ,cant figure out why,tried most things,maybe it will improve in time
N/A

Connection dropping

I've had 3 today.

The "alarms" section on my router seems to show "congestion" prior to it going belly up.

When I've gone to reset/restart the router, it appears that the TX/RX light is permanently on and one one occasion, all the lights were on (i.e. the Diag light was on too).

Anyone got any ideas about this? Things are starting to get very unreliable.

Thanks,

M.
N/A

Connection dropping

Cry

I have had simalar problems with my exchange on green, than can not be the problem. I has happened twice in the last week - both times about 10am and the first time lasted 1 hour with no connection, the second time only 15mins. Dont have a clue what is going on. Also when i connect to the plusnet site jsut after i manage to get ADSL sync it takes ages to load. When this happen i ping plus.net and get 50% loss and ping time about 30s. Any body know what could be causing this problem.
N/A

Connection dropping

The Exchange capacity checker is not designed to show sync issues, only backhaul capacity. This would result in slow connections and possible small amounts of dataloss.

The fact you get slow speeds and dataloss here, would be attributed to a possible line fault. This is indicated by the inability to maintain sync and the long time it takes.

Be sure that your computer is not at issue, you have followed the wiring tutorial and troublshooting FAQ in the tutorials forum. If you are 100% certain this is a possible line fault outside of your own line and equipment, then you should report it as such, noting the steps you have taken.
N/A

Connection dropping

My connection has been dropping every few minutes today but was fine yesterday.Nothing has changed on my computor and phone line is ok.This problem is getting very frustrating and I hope it is sorted out soon as the service just doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as it was.
Community Veteran

Connection dropping

Have you checked all your internal wiring?

Have you been through the wiring and troubleshooting tutorials and the troubleshooting page on the Customer support page?

Have you tried different ADSL filter/splitters?

Have you tried connecting your ADSL modem/router to the master socket?

If you don't currently use a filetr/splitter on the ADSL modem use one.

Have you tried will all other phones, faxes, 56K modems and sky boxes disconnected?

Is this a USB modem? If so it could be suffering from USB power problems causing the line to disconnect. If the modem has a power light, do you see if go off? if so then it's your mobo causing the problem. What chipset do you have on the motherboard - VIA and SiS chipsets are known to cause problems. Have you tried in another USB port. If you have both USB 1.1 and USB 2 ports try in a USB 2 port. If you have other USB devices connected, disconnect them. You could lalso try a PCU USB card or a powered USB 2 hub which often solve power problems.

You have to make sure it is nothing within your property or on your system causing the problem first. If you have eliminated all of the above then raise a contact us ticket explaining what the problem is and what you have done to solve it and get PlusNet to test the line and/or raise a fault with BT.
pcorker
Grafter

Connection dropping

phone line is ok

Has it been tested?
Is the exchange still red?

Hey, you have got a few questions to answer from this forum :shock:

Didn't have any plans for the weekend, did you Smiley

Pat.
N/A

Connection dropping

looks like i have the same problem, had to do it now and again but tonight im online for about 10mins before it DC's and i have to switch router off then on again! really annoying and TBH getting a little peed off with the service
Community Veteran

Connection dropping

Your problem may have nothing to do with PlusNet. See the answers given to your Q in another thread - it may be your router causing this. If it is every 10 mins it's unlikely to be a line problem and more likely related to idle timeouts. If you bring up a DOS/cmd box and start a continuous ping (ping -t portal.plus.net) does the connection still drop after 10 mins, if not it is your PC or router dropping the connection when idle.
N/A

Connection dropping

mrdalliard:

Your problem sounds like an overheating router, causing the router CPU to lock up.
Try moving it to a area in clear air flow.