cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection down 3am?

plusnetsux
Grafter

Connection down 3am?

During the maintenance you should not experience any continuous connection problems, as only half of the fully redundant system will be down at any one time.

I got disconnected at 3am approx. Reconnection was instantaneous. Did anyone else experience this? The ATM traffic doesn't look 100% normal.
Cheers

Andrew
3 REPLIES
N/A

Connection down 3am?

i can't get on here Sad not on this domain is there still a problem
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Connection down 3am?

No lost connection here. It could have been BT working on the MTU problem near you, or just plain lost connection at your exchange.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Connection down 3am?

Can I just say how wonderful it is to be able to actually air our concerns over a lost connection.

We had a number of ISP's over the years, mostly using the BT discount package. We were always getting disconnected. I am told this happens more or less depending WHERE you live. The ISP's blamed BT and BT blamed the ISP's - i.e. NOTHING you can do about it, not even get the satisfaction of a complaint that anyone will look at.

In desparation, late one night, I used that "coaster" we all have - the AOL CD.

I HATED their software but it was a small price to pay for a "reliable" connection. Still, dialing in at 6:00pm most evenings required a number of attempts / alternate numbers (automatic) before you could get in. If they were busy you also got booted off. Still, we found it was the best of the dial-ups.

Stayed with AOL 2 years. Only left AOL to join +Net. Two months and, ONE failure that lasted more than a few hours. The three of us who now surf together, rather than argue about who's turn it is, and LOVE the SPEED are really Cheesy