cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection & Connected Issues

N/A

Having recently changed from the PN provided BT modem to a Belkin modem and router (using Vista) I am having some issues getting connected and whilst connected too. Sometimes I am unable to connect in any way to the internet (red light on constantly on modem) e.g. 09/03/07 between 1500 and 1600hrs. Sometimes I can connect if I click on homepage icon (Vista, righthand hand icon right of start button) but if I click on Internet Explorer (should also open homepage) comes up with dial up and then many 'Windows is diagnosing the problem' pop ups. Finally, on many occasions when connected (not always during high use times) I can watch my connection speed dropping down, usually stopping around 29kbps. When the connection is like this, it is forever disconnecting,which means even small file downloads like Anti Virus updates, fail (and makes starting large downloads pointless)

Any ideas anyone?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Can you post the router model and how you're connected to it- wireless, usb, network cable etc.
Isitme
Grafter

Did you have the BT modem installed on Vista? If you are getting a Dial-up connection window, it looks like you may have done. Go to Internet Options in the Control Panel and make sure that all connections are removed. Also if you have not already done so, uninstall any drivers or other software installed for the BT modem. Check in the Network Properties that you are set to obtain an IP address automatically.