cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Unstable again

N/A

Connection Unstable again

Although I seem to be able connect to connect to the Net fine. I am now finding that my connection is hanging alot. One minute it flies into a Web site and the next it's hanging again (before anyone asks, this is happening on lots of different sites not just one).

Is anyone else having similar problems? I run a small company from home and I have spent more time with this bloody ADSL than I have with my customers. I am quite willing to pay a little more for a good provider can anyone recommend one?

I have contacted Plusnet on numerous occasions and to be honest it always sounds to me that the place is in total Chaos. I am on a monthly contract so luckyly I can move to another company at anytime.
--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connection Unstable again

I Now keep having to disconnect and reconnect to improve my connection. Plusnet what the bloody hell is going on?

I have tried ringing you and put the phone dowm after 15 mins waiting.

This month you have cost me a bloody fortune by having to call you up and connecting to the net through a modem. Please can you remind me what I pay your for, because I haven't got a clue. When in doubt I can always use your contact us forms ( they would be more useful if you actually responded to them).

My £22.99 now looks more like £40.00 a month, perhaps you should start advertising the real cost of your service after all the grief.

N/A

Me to Upload speeds are fine stable at around 33kps however my download speeds vary between 4kps and 42 kps

It was never like that before

Please plusnet sort it out

--
very funny Mr Spock ! Now beam me down my clothes !
N/A

4k/s? you are so lucky. we are getting around 0.4k/s

the annoying thing is that its intermittent, and plus.net loads fine. it leads ,e to believe that its at their end, on the web server, AFTER the location plus.net webstie is run from. ping times are normal, even to sites i cont load in a browser. so... the connection is fine, but web traffic is getting lost somewhere!

N/A

Hi,
I fixed my connection last night. To do this i first changed my MTU value. I am on XP and i couldnt find "MTU" but i did find MaxTransmit (i think this is set 1599 initially). Anyway i changed this value and things improved. I also changed the RWIN value to 65535. I was told this value on http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ubb2/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=000273 and it has helped immensely. I used Dr TCP to change the settings.

Hope this helps,

Dave Allan

P.S post back if you need anything explained