cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Time

N/A

Connection Time

Hi PPL,

I am just starting my life with broadband, I have recently purchased a Samsung E310 ADSL Modem.

I'm awaiting confirmation of my phone line being transferred for use with Broadband. I Cannot connect yet due to dial up error. However, it seems that my ADSL modem is able to send and recieve bytes. Anyone know how or why this is doing this. I feel if it is able to send/recieve data then my line must be activated... Is this correctHuh
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connection Time

Hello...

I too have just recently subscribed to this service, but with a PCI ADSL Modem card.
The card is in and installed correctly, with the little MAPI lights flickering away every so often.

This little MAPI app. also reports my connection status as "Connected" and my speeds UP / DOWN as what i'd expect.

But, I too cannot connect and surf etc.

Why is this ? Are Plus.net's Techie team able to shed any light on this ?
N/A

> Hello...
>
> I too have just recently subscribed to this service, but with a PCI ADSL Modem card.
> The card is in and installed correctly, with the little MAPI lights flickering away every so often.
>
> This little MAPI app. also reports my connection status as "Connected" and my speeds UP / DOWN as what i'd expect.
>
> But, I too cannot connect and surf etc.
>
> Why is this ? Are Plus.net's Techie team able to shed any light on this ?

ok my guess would be that u have a link light to BT but not a plusnet account yet.

A good place to read up on this is http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=Troubleshooting

A generic login exists that will work even if your ISP login refuses to allow you to login, or your ISP is off-line. Also if you are experiencing intermittent problems with your connection, it's good to check with this test login, the login bypasses your ISP totally.

The login is:
Username = bt_test@startup_domain
Password = (ignored)

If this authenticates, you can browse to a single site, www.bt.net/digitaldemo which has a streaming video test so you can check your line works OK.

Cheers

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
N/A

> A generic login exists that will work even if your ISP login refuses to allow you to login, or your ISP is off-line. Also if you are experiencing intermittent problems with your connection, it's good to check with this test login, the login bypasses your ISP totally.
>
> The login is:
> Username = bt_test@startup_domain
> Password = (ignored)
>
> If this authenticates, you can browse to a single site, www.bt.net/digitaldemo which has a streaming video test so you can check your line works OK.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer

Thanks for that ! Will try it later tonight.

Flob