cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems

N/A

Connection Problems

I have been having connection problems with plusnet, in that the service connects to plusnet OK, but it won't connect to the internet.

I have to disconnect and reconnect several times until I get a sucessful link up, anyone else getting this?

Also when I use my digital cordless phone the connection drops, anyone experiencing that?

:confused:

3 REPLIES
Brickinit
Grafter

RE: Connection Problems

> I have been having connection problems with plusnet, in that the service connects to plusnet OK, but it won't connect to the internet.
>
> I have to disconnect and reconnect several times until I get a sucessful link up, anyone else getting this?
>
> Also when I use my digital cordless phone the connection drops, anyone experiencing that?
>
> :confused:
>
>

hi adam
is yours a new connection? if you look back through some of the old forums you will see that a lot of us have had problems with the plusnet supplied splitter/filters,i myself got a new connection last week and suffered from dropped signals especially when the phone was used. i cured this with the purchase of two new splitter/filters from maplins,(they were the closest to me)though you might get them cheaper else where,mine cost £23,and now we're flying

hope this helps

malc

:rollsmile:
N/A

> I have been having connection problems with plusnet, in that the service connects to plusnet OK, but it won't connect to the internet.
>
> I have to disconnect and reconnect several times until I get a sucessful link up, anyone else getting this?
>
> Also when I use my digital cordless phone the connection drops, anyone experiencing that?
>
> :confused:
>
>

Sounds like possibly two problems. First one probably a duff filter issue as per malc's post. second maybe a DNS issue and therefore your network settings.

Suggest you sort the filter issue first and if you still get the connection problem then re-post
N/A

> > I have been having connection problems with plusnet, in that the service connects to plusnet OK, but it won't connect to the internet.
> >
> > I have to disconnect and reconnect several times until I get a sucessful link up, anyone else getting this?
> >
> > Also when I use my digital cordless phone the connection drops, anyone experiencing that?
> >
> > :confused:
> >
> >
>
> Sounds like possibly two problems. First one probably a duff filter issue as per malc's post. second maybe a DNS issue and therefore your network settings.
>
> Suggest you sort the filter issue first and if you still get the connection problem then re-post

Be aware that if you have a 3Com OCR612 ADSL Router that it has a bug in the firmware that affects connecting to the internet.
The ADLS Line shows up without any problems but the router struggles to connect to the internet.
The workaround is :-

From your PC's web browser, go to the router's Web
based managment interface.
Login.
Click on Router Configuration.
Click on Internet Connection.
Click on the Modify Settings button.

This will cause the router to reconnect to the internet and it seems then to be stable (unless you are using Plus.Net's ADSL filters Shocked)
Plus.Net Support have told me they are working on this with 3Com, not sure when a likely solution will be released though.

Regards,

Ad3y.