cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems

N/A

Connection Problems

My line just ot activated on Friday night. I am trying to connect with an Alcatel USB modem but i can't. I dont have any filters but am usin a four pin RJ11 "Modem to BT Socket" adapter/converter. I keep getting the error message that the dial up server is not responding (Error 650). When i movemy mouse over the modedm symbol only data is being sent, none is being recieved. I have tried to disconnect all of my other phones on advice from support but still no luck. Any ideas anyone? The modem lights are both solid green by the way.

Thanks,
Asim.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connection Problems

Hi,

I had same error when i installed on April, green lights solid and you receive but not send, i reckon its the DSL dectection that does this.

Anyway i have a D-LINK DSL-200 but most modems are same to setup.

Try: make a dialup the same way you would for a standard connection, enter "yourname@plus.net" as user name, and your normal password.

The VPI should be set to 0
The VCI should be set to 38

So on the dialup you have created tell it to dial phone number 0,38 (put a comma between 0 and 3Cool

On internet options make sure you set this as default dialup and alway dial default number.

On the advanced options of the created dialup you have made add the PlusNet dns server IP numbers.

Primary: 212.159.11.150
Secondary: 212.159.13.150

It might help.

Save this dialup now.
also check your digital modem is set to: PPPoATM NULL ENCAPSULATION and set to MULTIMODE or G.DMT

There is a good help page on the customer service pages
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=206

This method is weird, but when i was activated i didn't connect till second day.. b/c i was having same problem trying to get the computer (WINDOWS 9Cool to see that i had to create a 'fake' dialup box with a number in order to tell the modem to link to the ADSL line.

Infact i just got this new computer Windows XP now only a few weeks back, and i went through every dialup setup on it, as it has a new dialup box made for ADSL connection, but still no luck, i still had to use this method to connect.

Remember too, PlusNet is giving alot of network errors when you try to login at moment, sometimes you get on right away, other times you have to keep trying.

I'm no expert, but this was the only way i could get connected.. support nor my modem instructions were any help.. worth a try. it will either work or not.. Smiley

Good luck!.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

PS> You said you have no line filters, not a problem, you don't need one to make a ADSL connection.

They only are needed when you plug in your phones to socket aswell, you need a filter in every socket you have a phone in, only to cut out noise from ADSL modem through your phone calls.

So give the above a try.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Do Plusnet know that your line is activated ? Mine was activated and I was informed by BT just as they did it. Im was on the phone at the time and had to hang up while they did the £50 something pounds of work ( took them about 2.5 mins ) I then had to ring support at Plusnet and get them to activate their end before I could connect. Just a thought, hope it helps.

Regards, John Taylor

N/A

> PS> You said you have no line filters, not a problem, you don't need one to make a ADSL connection.
>
> They only are needed when you plug in your phones to socket aswell, you need a filter in every socket you have a phone in, only to cut out noise from ADSL modem through your phone calls.
>
> So give the above a try.
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

Hi.

Thanks for the advice Jason but still no luck. I have rung support and now they are taking up the matter with BT.

Asim.
N/A

> Do Plusnet know that your line is activated ? Mine was activated and I was informed by BT just as they did it. Im was on the phone at the time and had to hang up while they did the £50 something pounds of work ( took them about 2.5 mins ) I then had to ring support at Plusnet and get them to activate their end before I could connect. Just a thought, hope it helps.
>
> Regards, John Taylor
>
>

Hi.

Yes PlusNet are aware of the line activation.

Thanks for the advice,
Asim.