cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues

N/A

Connection Issues

I am having major connections issues. I am using a Voyager 150, but when I try to connect I generally get an error 718, 721 or 734(I think). The messages say it is either getting timed out or something to do with PPP. I have been anle to connect very intermittently, but only for a few seconds at a time. The test user & password seem to be intermittent too.
Its been nearly a week now.
BTW, The line is showing as always having synch. What can I DO??!!
2 REPLIES
N/A

Connection Issues

c'mon guys read 60 times and not one reply. Please help
LiamM
Grafter

Connection Issues

If you're always in sync but having problems connecting PPP, and you cannot connect to the test account very well that rules out it being a problem with PN.

It's likely to be an issue that lies either within your premises, with your equipment, or with BT.

First thing I can suggest trying is disconnecting all the devices plugged into the phone line and plug directly into the master socket in your house. If still no success, then see if you can try with another modem, or even better, a router.

This will rule out internal wiring and your own equipment as the cause and will allow Plusnet to raise an ELF (early life faliure) which BT can investigate.