cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting using Linksys WAG54G

N/A

Hi
I have recently signed up as a Plus.Net customer and I'm having difficulties with setting up my connection.
I'm using a Linksys WAG54G & have entered the details correctly...
i.e. myusername@plusdsl.net
My password
PPPoA is selected, as is VPI = 0 and VCI = 38

I have the Power and WLAN lights on the front of the router lit up in green, but the ADSL light is red. How can I determine if my gateway is connecting to the Plus.Net service?

p.s. Plus.Net Tech Support seems to be very technically challenged :?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Have you received the email from plusnet saying your line has been activated. Or have plusnet said your line is activated. If not, you will have to wait until this is done.

The ADSL light indicates if you have synchronised with your local exchange. If this is red then your not synced so can't do anything until it is.

Are you connecting via an extension socket or into the BT master socket (where your BT line enters your building)? If not, try connecting the router to the master socket and see if the ADSL light goes green. If it does, your extension wiring may be faulty.

Also see the following:

ADSL: Trouble Shooting.

ADSL: Wiring and Filters

Also look at the ADSL troubleshooting help pages via the help and support links.
N/A

Hi & thanks for the reply.
Yes I received an email from Plus.Net informing me that my line had been xDSL enabled.
Do I have to wait until BT synchronises the exchange at their end or is it something to do with Plus.Net?
I have connected my equipment to the master socket (don't have any other extensions yet.

Thanks for the ADSL links, I will have a nosy at those too. Smiley
Community Veteran

If you have received the email then BT should have completed the work on your ADSL connection and you should be able to sync.

If you can't get sync, you need to raise a contact us ticket and get plusnet to investigate.
graingerjjb
Grafter

Julie,

I use a WAG54G and I have no problems with it -you might want to get the latest Firmware update from Linksys - one was released in June this year and it allows you to save your set up when you have it working. I can e-mail this to you if you want -the version I have is for type A - basically ADSL over the PSTN network and not version B which is for ADSL over a digital network.

The setting you're quoting sound ok and in fact this is all you need to configure to get connected.
N/A

Thanks for the help everyone - it turned out it's a BT fault & they're fixing it Smiley