cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but not browsing

N/A

Using Netgear DG834 ADSL Modem. Worked beautifully until yesterday.

Everything is connected but each time i open any website (bbc, google), it takes fovever to open. Like 30mins and then only show a few lines. All the tests suggest that modem is fine. Just connecting to Plusnet is the problem . Even I got the message connected to Plusnet, show the IP number as expected. Just can't browse. Can browse the support pages either.

I have been on the phone to support for over 2 hours, no pick up. still waiting can't use my broadband at home. Had to go out to call and write this.

Already put the ticket. Anyone else having these problems?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Something Seriously Wrong at Plusnet

Hi I swithed to Plusnet from Wanadoo for a faster Speed. (what a joke). The Switch took place on Wed 27th June. Since then have managed to connect for about 1 hour in total. CS complete waste of time. I have even tried different modems etc.

Looking through the many hundreds if not thousands of problems reported through these forums over the past few weeks it is obvious that there are very serious problems at PN.

Like you I have to use other peoples connections to communicate with them.

I hope you get your problem sorted out soon.

Regards Robert.
N/A

I found that I had to set my mtu to 1500 to allow good browsring
N/A

It can be difficult to say the least. My wireless router is great fair dues. MTU is usually defaulted to over 1500 - were you once on aol which tends to work below 1500?