cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused About A Few Things

N/A

I'm a bit confused on what going on I'm on the Premier 2MB.

I'm allowed 100GB maximum bandwith per month anytime or 30GB peak time, correct?

I can use that bandwidth for any activity i want, correct?

I've seen some of my friends get e-mails regarding usage breach when they have not hit any of the targets but the break is 20GB of P2P, FTP and Usenet.

So am I correct to say that from that 100GB allowance only 20GB can be used for P2P, Usenet and FTP?

What are the peak times from what I've read I always thought 1600 - 0000 are peak but know I've read that off peak is 0000 - 0800 so is peak time now 0800 - 0000, so which is peak time?

The help section is confusing?
4 REPLIES
N/A

You get a 20GB "clean" allowance. Anything you transfer (up and down) between 8am and 12pm counts against this. If you exceed 20GB they start throttling your P2P, FTP & Usenet speeds.

Between 12pm and 8am you can transfer up to 100GB without problems.
N/A

Just to clarify and I make sure I understand

12AM - 8AM: Download as much as 100GB P2P, Usenet & FTP and Plus.net has no problems, correct?
8AM - 11:59PM: Any activity, but only 20GB of P2P, Usenet & FTP also in that time frame 4PM -1159PM is Peak time, correct?
N/A

12AM - 8AM: Download as much as 100GB P2P, Usenet & FTP and Plus.net has no problems, correct?

Correct

8AM - 11:59PM: Any activity, but only 20GB of P2P, Usenet & FTP also in that time frame 4PM -1159PM is Peak time, correct?

This bit you got wrong. ANY activity counts towards your 20GB limit during these times. Once you exceed 20GB then P2P etc start to get throttled. If you manage to hit 30GB between 4pm and 12pm (which isn't going to be easy with P2P throttled) then you've exceeded the SUP and words will be said
N/A

Correct

This bit you got wrong. ANY activity counts towards your 20GB limit during these times. Once you exceed 20GB then P2P etc start to get throttled. If you manage to hit 30GB between 4pm and 12pm (which isn't going to be easy with P2P throttled) then you've exceeded the SUP and words will be said

8AM - 11:59PM: all activity including P2P is counted towards the 20GB limit so may it be surfing, e-mail, video confrencing.