Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting BB speed reports

Joe_Scaramanga
Grafter

Hi guys,

This is currently going through the usual channels, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on my problem.

I recently moved, and had by BB transferred over. I have an internet connection (which was a blessing in itself after reading all the stories on here), but when I connect, the little speech bubble tells me the connection is 6.6mb,

but the internet is incredibly slow.
When I run a speed test, it's only running at around 512k.

Have a got a problem at my end somewhere?

(I'm using a BT Voyager 105, if that's important).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

What does this link say http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
Other question is are you on thn-ag1 as that has had terrible speeds all day - quck way to check is to go to the command prompt window and type "tracert bbc.co.uk"
aetos
Grafter

The first one is your connection to the BT exchange, the 2nd one from the exchange to PN and beyond.

There have been troubles over the last few days with the contention on the PN servers.

You could try disconnecting and reconnecting a few times and you should see your speeds improve (with luck) :?

MArk
N/A

My stable rate as shrunk from 5500 theough 5000 to 4500 at present, will it ever end? Dial up was better than this at times.
Joe_Scaramanga
Grafter

What does this link say http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
Other question is are you on thn-ag1 as that has had terrible speeds all day - quck way to check is to go to the command prompt window and type "tracert bbc.co.uk"

Hi Hotlane...

On your link I'm showing 5500kbps...
The trace does show thn-agl...

Speed test is now varying between 2.5mb and 3.5mb.

I was only on 2mb when the problem started so I can't complain too much.

Thanks for your help all!
N/A

slow speeds

Hi I am also having probs with download speed. my bb is now at 297kbps. I am on upto 8mbps using a bt voyager 105. Plus net are telling me there is no prob but it is now getting very depressing. security updates etc are taking forever and I only have limited time to get work done. I am not quite as good on these new pcs as I should be so please you language a 2 year old might understand. Thanks peeps