cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conexant AMX-CA64E USB driver problem

elton
Grafter

Conexant AMX-CA64E USB driver problem

When I first bought my AMX-CA64E I connected a second pc through the USB port. I downloaded the USB driver from www.amigo.com.tw, and everything worked fine. A few days ago, I updated the router firmare to version ETHADSL_USB_032002_REL5. Now the ethernet connections still works fine, but as far as 'plug-and-play' is concerned, the router looks like a new USB peripheral and asked where the driver is located. So I removed the old driver, and downloaded USBNET_021302_REL6.2.1.zip from amigo, unzipped it, plugged in the USB connection, and tried to reinstall it. windows just says there is no suitable driver. I've also tried driver downloads from www.brad.dsl.pipex.com with the same result. Unless this is simply the wrong driver, I don't know what's up. Any ideas anyone?

--
Skonko!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Conexant AMX-CA64E USB driver problem

> When I first bought my AMX-CA64E I connected a second pc through the USB port. I downloaded the USB driver from www.amigo.com.tw, and everything worked fine. A few days ago, I updated the router firmare to version ETHADSL_USB_032002_REL5. Now the ethernet connections still works fine, but as far as 'plug-and-play' is concerned, the router looks like a new USB peripheral and asked where the driver is located. So I removed the old driver, and downloaded USBNET_021302_REL6.2.1.zip from amigo, unzipped it, plugged in the USB connection, and tried to reinstall it. windows just says there is no suitable driver. I've also tried driver downloads from www.brad.dsl.pipex.com with the same result. Unless this is simply the wrong driver, I don't know what's up. Any ideas anyone?
>
>
> --
> Skonko!

Hi,

I basically have the same setup - AMX-CA64E through plusnet. Although i use the ethernet connections i am also connecting up four colleagues at home with the same setup. i have sucessfully installed one using the new firmware and usb drivers as yourself. this was on a WinME VAIO laptop. I have also done the same on another machine except on a XP Home laptop - both with no probs. However, on attempting to do another WinME laptop i have had exactly the same problem as yourself. This is weird as the two ME machines are identical! i have always suspected that it was WinME as it is always a bit funny with drivers.

What OS are you using? Are you able to conect through ethernet? For a £6 network card it does save hassle!

i will keep plugging away and if i get anywhere will let you know.

if you haven't used www.adslguide.org.uk then try the forums. i assume that you have though as you have Brads website!

regards,

Matthew
N/A

> When I first bought my AMX-CA64E I connected a second pc through the USB port. I downloaded the USB driver from www.amigo.com.tw, and everything worked fine. A few days ago, I updated the router firmare to version ETHADSL_USB_032002_REL5. Now the ethernet connections still works fine, but as far as 'plug-and-play' is concerned, the router looks like a new USB peripheral and asked where the driver is located. So I removed the old driver, and downloaded USBNET_021302_REL6.2.1.zip from amigo, unzipped it, plugged in the USB connection, and tried to reinstall it. windows just says there is no suitable driver. I've also tried driver downloads from www.brad.dsl.pipex.com with the same result. Unless this is simply the wrong driver, I don't know what's up. Any ideas anyone?
>
>
> --
> Skonko!

Hi,

I basically have the same setup - AMX-CA64E through plusnet. Although i use the ethernet connections i am also connecting up four colleagues at home with the same setup. i have sucessfully installed one using the new firmware and usb drivers as yourself. this was on a WinME VAIO laptop. I have also done the same on another machine except on a XP Home laptop - both with no probs. However, on attempting to do another WinME laptop i have had exactly the same problem as yourself. This is weird as the two ME machines are identical! i have always suspected that it was WinME as it is always a bit funny with drivers.

What OS are you using? Are you able to conect through ethernet? For a £6 network card it does save hassle!

i will keep plugging away and if i get anywhere will let you know.

if you haven't used www.adslguide.org.uk then try the forums. i assume that you have though as you have Brads website!

regards,

Matthew
--
Those who can teach.
Those who can't still teach!
elton
Grafter

>
> Hi,
>
> I basically have the same setup - AMX-CA64E through plusnet. Although i use the ethernet connections i am also connecting up four colleagues at home with the same setup. i have sucessfully installed one using the new firmware and usb drivers as yourself. this was on a WinME VAIO laptop. I have also done the same on another machine except on a XP Home laptop - both with no probs. However, on attempting to do another WinME laptop i have had exactly the same problem as yourself. This is weird as the two ME machines are identical! i have always suspected that it was WinME as it is always a bit funny with drivers.
>
> What OS are you using? Are you able to conect through ethernet? For a £6 network card it does save hassle!
>
> i will keep plugging away and if i get anywhere will let you know.
>
> if you haven't used www.adslguide.org.uk then try the forums. i assume that you have though as you have Brads website!
>
> regards,
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Those who can teach.
> Those who can't still teach!

Thanks for the reply Mathew. It's slightly comforting to know I'm not the only one with this problem!
Ethernet conections are fine. It's a laptop I'm having the problem with, and I'm reluctant to spend money on a pcmcia lan card. It's running Win98 1stEd, and I have the same problem with a borrowed desktop machine running Win98 2ndEd.
I did put a post on adslguide, but got no joy there.
I wonder if I should have uninstalled the usb driver on the lappy before upgrading the router firmware?
I've considered regressing the router firmware back to the version it came with (usb and everything else worked perfectly with that version anyway), but you know how these things go - you usually end up with everything broken!
I'll let you know if I find a solution.

--
Skonko!
N/A

> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I basically have the same setup - AMX-CA64E through plusnet. Although i use the ethernet connections i am also connecting up four colleagues at home with the same setup. i have sucessfully installed one using the new firmware and usb drivers as yourself. this was on a WinME VAIO laptop. I have also done the same on another machine except on a XP Home laptop - both with no probs. However, on attempting to do another WinME laptop i have had exactly the same problem as yourself. This is weird as the two ME machines are identical! i have always suspected that it was WinME as it is always a bit funny with drivers.
> >
> > What OS are you using? Are you able to conect through ethernet? For a £6 network card it does save hassle!
> >
> > i will keep plugging away and if i get anywhere will let you know.
> >
> > if you haven't used www.adslguide.org.uk then try the forums. i assume that you have though as you have Brads website!
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Matthew
> >
> > --
> > Those who can teach.
> > Those who can't still teach!
>
> Thanks for the reply Mathew. It's slightly comforting to know I'm not the only one with this problem!
> Ethernet conections are fine. It's a laptop I'm having the problem with, and I'm reluctant to spend money on a pcmcia lan card. It's running Win98 1stEd, and I have the same problem with a borrowed desktop machine running Win98 2ndEd.
> I did put a post on adslguide, but got no joy there.
> I wonder if I should have uninstalled the usb driver on the lappy before upgrading the router firmware?
> I've considered regressing the router firmware back to the version it came with (usb and everything else worked perfectly with that version anyway), but you know how these things go - you usually end up with everything broken!
> I'll let you know if I find a solution.
>
>
>
> --
> Skonko!

Good luck!

Matthew
--
Those who can teach.
Those who can't still teach!