cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conexant AMX-CA64E Disaster!!!!!!!

N/A

Conexant AMX-CA64E Disaster!!!!!!!

Hi,
Im a n00b here and have been having problems configuring my router. My ping was successful, all the correct lights were being displayed and I was able to access and change the router's settings page but I still couldn't use my adsl for the internet. Dabs support was useless, and plusnet basically referred me back to them!

So I was left to attempt to resolve the problem myself and in doing so I think I have inadvertently changed the lan port ip address. Therefore I cannot even see the router's configuration page!! I've been trying various addresses, but nothing works.

The last resort is mentioned in the manual. It says you can restore the router to default settings by opening the case and short circuiting jumper j7 for 10 seconds while powered. I attempted to open the case, but it seems to be somehow bonded together in the middle (not screwed).

Does anyoneone have some kind advice to help me out??

Cheers
9 REPLIES
egor44
Grafter

RE: Conexant AMX-CA64E Disaster!!!!!!!

> Hi,
> Im a n00b here ...

8< cut >8

so am i, but, I bought one also and found
www.cazart.plus.com/conexant/ a great help.
I just followed the instrutions through and it worked.
If you go to the mentioned site and click on FORGET YOUR PASSWORD, they explain how to reset your router and suggests that there may be a screw UNDER A STICKER.

Hope this helps you, Ken

P.S. I have just had a look a mine and it feels as though they may be right :-)

Feel free to email, if I can help I will.

N/A

Thanks very much, Ken...

I have checked under the sticker, but ther is no screw for some reason, just some kind of plastic weld! My model must have a slight variation in design. I'm a bit hesitant to try to break this bond, it seems possible to crack the case while doing so! Well, I'm going to try to investigate this case further.

N/A

> Thanks very much, Ken...
>
> I have checked under the sticker, but ther is no screw for some reason, just some kind of plastic weld! My model must have a slight variation in design. I'm a bit hesitant to try to break this bond, it seems possible to crack the case while doing so! Well, I'm going to try to investigate this case further.
>
>

You could try a blow torch... or possibly a jack hammer...
N/A

I have a rebranded Connexant ADSL router/modem. On the back there is a pinhole reset button. (I had the same problem as you.)

Please write me at stig_jorgensen@hotmail.com when you get in contact with your router again, for a copy of my configuration.
--
N/A

Thanks everybody, for the replies...

I was just about to resort to one of Asim's brutal techniques and I was trying to drill the plastic weld with a screwdriver. I then found that this "weld" was a decoy and the screw was located just below it. I have now managed to reset my router, but I still can't use my adsl service! Sad

Thanks Stig, I will be emailing you shortly.

Thanks, again everyone..
egor44
Grafter

Hi All,
Just to cheer you up, I was having a play with my router last night, and managed to kill it. :-)

I had to do a reset to get back into it.

Lots of fun :-))

TTFN, Ken

N/A

I'm glad you had fun with it Ken! I finally got my router working. The problem was actually with my my 15m extension BT cable. Although my pnone works fine from it, adsl had problems.
Now, to get my lan working.....
N/A

> I'm glad you had fun with it Ken! I finally got my router working. The problem was actually with my my 15m extension BT cable. Although my pnone works fine from it, adsl had problems.
> Now, to get my lan working.....

Hi.

I am running the AMX through three machines and networking ok.

The two easy machines were XP home - basically i just had to share some folders and check that the workgroups were the same.

The old Win98se was a little bit more involved. so much so that i published the settings on my site. Feel free to use.
http://fp.lancing.plus.com

Also a great site to help with configuring is
www.homenethelp.com - look for the tutorials.

Good luck and feel free to email me with any problems - as a teacher i'm on hols at the mo. then again i have a new baby on the way i the next day or two!!!!

Regards,

Matthew
--
Those who can teach.
Those who can't still teach!
egor44
Grafter

> I'm glad you had fun with it Ken! I finally got my router working. The problem was actually with my my 15m extension BT cable. Although my pnone works fine from it, adsl had problems.
> Now, to get my lan working.....

I got it going again ok, maybe a little better than it was before, as before i just accepted all the defaults, now it uses my IP number instead of looking one up etc...

I have been trying to set up a server for some friends and myself to play a game on, but have so far failed. I think i need to set up a Virtual Server to allow them to see me, but am a bit worried about security. :-))

Have fun, Ken