cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely disillusioned

N/A

Completely disillusioned

On the 10th June my first monthly payment was taken by PlusNet. It's now the 28th June and I'm still unable to use the service I have paid for. To say I'm fed-up is a major understatement.

Now I realise that this is very likely to be outwith Plusnet's direct control, but when I've parted with £58-75 activation fee and £22-99 for the first month, not to mention the cost of the necessary hardware, I think I'm entitled to feel more than a little frustrated. It's especially galling as I know of someone who signed-up after me yet was up and running on the same exchange within a week. I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered.... I don't need this hassle, quite frankly.

Alan

Can I expect a resolution any time soon
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Completely disillusioned

You're not from north of the border per chance are you?

Regardless, I understand your frustrations, having waited 21 days myself (1st signed up on 6th June). All I can say is try and be patient - it'll be worth the wait. Just remember that any SLA quoted is best effort and not contractural - each customer presents a slighly different set of 'issues' for BT and PlusNet.

If you're on a newly activated exchange, this will also slow proceedings. Keep the faith Smiley

/Currently clocking a 59k[byte]download of Linux... Smiley

N/A

I waited nearly a month from the day I first ordered, but got there in the end. It was all because my local exchange, although ADSL enabled, lacked capacity at the time.

From feedback that I got from PlusNet technical support, I probably waited a typical length of time in the circumstances.

It was worth the wait.

Regards,

Andrew.
N/A

> You're not from north of the border per chance
> are you?

Does it show that much? :-)

> Regardless, I understand your frustrations,
> having waited 21 days myself (1st signed up on
> 6th June)

I wouldn't mind quite so much if I was still waiting, but my line has supposedly been active for over a fortnight now.

> If you're on a newly activated exchange, this
> will also slow proceedings.

It can't be that, as this exchange ADSL-enabled months ago.

> Keep the faith Smiley

I'm trying, but it's difficult.

Alan
N/A

Good news!

Out of habit I restarted my router this morning and I'm at last able log-in! Dunno yet who was responsible but heartfelt thanks to whoever finally fixed the problem.

Alan