cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coexant USB modem

N/A

Coexant USB modem

Help please.
I have been using a Speedstream 3060 internal modem but I haven't found any XP drivers. It works after a fashion but with a noise on the phone line. I have two PC's linked with a crossover cable. I have found that it is slower than 56K. I entered a page for EBay. Started up a laptop, went onto AOL on 56K. Brought up the page, closed it down and the ADSL still hadn't brought the page up.!!!!!
I have bought an external Conexant USB modem which connects with ADSL OK, but will not recognise my username and password. I tried "technical help" and was told to diconnect for one hour. Next call told to disconnect 2 hours, next call 48 hours. Then told it was a BT fault because I had been connected continuously for 4 days and that I had to wait for BT to clear the line. This even though I turned both PC's OFF every night. At this point I reinstalled the Speadstream and got online instantly. Each call I told Tech help that I thought it was a configuration problem and was told I was wrong.
HOW do I configure my PC for the USB modem please and would it speed up access if I went over tp a ROUTER instead of a crossover cable.
Help please at DUMMY level. Keith