cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clutching at straws

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Clutching at straws

I am not sure if anyone can help as it is a software problem but you guys are far more switched on than i am so heres hoping...

I received my Voyager 2110 wireless router from PN and then bought a USB wireless adapter for my computer. For some strange reason the software for the wireless USB adapter wont load it just hangs it is not the software as it will load on a friends comp without any problems so the issue is with my computer. Does anyone know of anything that could prevent this from loading. I close down every application before tryng to load and disconnect all usb connections but it still wont load its doing my head in.
So i still cant use my BT 2110 yet perhaps i should throw the USB away and get an internal card or something....thought i would try here first as this is the best place to solve problems
someone might have had a similar problem but maybe i'm clutching at straws.......Thanks
4 REPLIES
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Clutching at straws

Sorry should have mentioned its a Ralink 802.11g USB wireless adapter. Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Clutching at straws

Hi,

Any difference between the versions of Windows? e.g. is one XP SP2 and the other SP1 or Vista? Do you have the latest motherboard/USB drivers? Worth running a Windows update to check if there are any updates that are required or driver updates available.
Community Veteran

Clutching at straws

might just be worth going to the ralink website and downloading the latest drivers ... your cd/dvd drive may be playing up.
they also have a techsupport email on that site too.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Clutching at straws

Thanks will try checking windows but i went to the website downloaded their version and that would not run but now i think about it i also downloaded a card version by mistake and that loaded ok so you may be right it could be something to do with the USB drivers i will investigate further thanks for the help.