cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco VPN

N/A

Cisco VPN

Hi

I have been forced to work from my parents house due to flooding. I connect to work using a Cisco VPN client, this works from my home address using TalkTalk and a router, however it doesn't work using my parents PlusNET via USB modem. (BT Voyager 105)

The message I get is "Remote peer is no longer responding" tried rebooting, MTU settings etc ... still getting the same message!

Any ideas, I desperately need to get on with my work!

Ta...JR
:shock:
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Cisco VPN

Looks like the Broadband Firewall is set to 'High', you'll need to turn this to 'Low' or 'Off' to use VPN. Once the settings have been changed you'll need to reboot your modem/router for the changes to take effect. You can change these settings here:-
Broadband Firewall
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Cisco VPN

Brilliant, ta!
N/A

Cisco VPN

Hi

I spoke to soon, we have now moved on to the next problem! I can connect to work and use the email and network drives, however the internet will not work. Internet explorer has been setup to use a proxy server.

At home I only need remove the proxy server if I'm not connected to the VPN, however neither work when connected to the VPN. In fact if I connect to the VPN I then need to disconnect and reconnect the dial-up connection before I can use the internet again.

As I say this all works ok with TalkTalk, any ideas?

Ta...

JR